Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 July 2023

Scrambled Egg and Feta Hash : A Low Carb Way To Start Your Day

Scrambled Egg and Feta Hash

Why not start your day with this Joe Wicks recipe, for a scrambled egg and feta hash. It is a speedy, high protein breakfast, which takes about fifteen minutes to make, and is packed with flavour. Using a mix of spring onions, chives and feta cheese, the eggs are served on a bed of spinach, thus keeping the carbohydrate count low. It’s also a source of calcium, vitamin C and iron – a great way to kick start your day and stay full until lunch! 

Ingredients
Serves One
2 tbsp coconut oil
90g cherry tomatoes, halved
4 spring onions (scallions), chopped
60g feta, cut into small cubes
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp snipped chives
110g spinach

Method
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan on a low-medium heat. Add the tomatoes and spring onions, and cook gently for 3-4 mins until softened.
2. Add the feta and cook for 1 min to warm through, then pour in the eggs and chives. Season with pepper and keep stirring to scramble the eggs. Put a handful of the spinach on a plate and top with the eggs. Serve the rest of the spinach on the side.

Nutrition Per Serving
Fat 37g Protein 32g Carbs 5g Fibre 2g
From original idea here

~ enjoy your day ~
(image from google)

You will find a variety of recipe ideas and articles within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

26 comments:

Tom said...

...eggs are my go to breakfast!

Catarina said...

I will have scramble egg and feta hash for breakfast tomorrow!
Great idea.
: )

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Tan sana y rica. Te mando un beso.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really wish feta wasn't so expensive where I live. I would eat it every day. This looks wonderful. As much as I love spinach, I might replace it with my basil, since I have so much of it right now.



Christine said...

Looks good

Elephant's Child said...

I am not ready to eat that much at breakfast - but it would be a delightful meal later in the day.

roentare said...

I love Feta and eggs!

Margaret D said...

Sounds ok.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds great! Valerie

José Antonio Sánchez Rumí said...

Well, a good recipe for that, I have a mouth as we say around here that almost everything I like, I enjoy watching and eating.
Thanks for sharing.
Best regards.

eileeninmd said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!
Take care, have a great day!

Donna said...

I use cheddar...looks good though!
hugs
Donna

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am locked into my bowl of cereal for breakfast but this looks good for lunch.

Teresa said...

Buena receta. Besos.

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I think I'll be trying this one day for a light lunch.

Mary Kirkland said...

That looks really good but I would have to use a different cheese since I don't like feta.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a great idea - scrambled eggs with feta. Never tried this - will do soon.

God bless.

Sue said...

Oooh this looks delicious, I'm a real fan of feta!
Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

happyone said...

Sounds like delicious food to start the day off right.

Barwitzki said...

I like that. I still have to get a few ingredients, this will be a fine breakfast with my rye sourdough bread.
Thanks very much.
Many greetings from Viola

Viagens pelo Rio de Janeiro e Brasil. said...

Boa tarde de terça-feira. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Parece ser muito saboroso.

Luiz Gomes.
viagenspelobrasilerio.blogspot.com

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Just the sound of feta hash sounds delicious.

Conniecrafter said...

Hubby would like this, and something else for me to use all the cherry tomatoes that we have coming in right now

Jeanie said...

I love feta with eggs. This sounds great!

William Kendall said...

That sounds good.

Martha said...

This really looks delicious!