Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 July 2023

Tuna ... is great for delicious low carb meals

Tuna is a good source of protein and may be enjoyed for lunch or dinner; I do find that canned tuna can make a great low carb meal. If you use canned tuna try to choose high-quality, MSC - labelled tuna fish - which stands for the Marine Stewardship Council Fisheries Standard, so you know it’s certified sustainable.


Tuna Burgers
8g net carbs per serving
Ingredients
Serves Four
Crispy tuna burgers
550 g canned tuna in water, drained
175 ml mayonnaise
2 large eggs
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
3 tbsp olive oil, divided, for frying
Serving
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 4 oz/110 g each)
75 g leafy greens or lettuce
175 ml mayonnaise
recipe instructions here


Tuna Fish Casserole
5g net carbs per serving
Ingredients
Serves Four
50 g butter
1 yellow onion
1 green bell pepper
150 g celery stalks
450 g tuna in olive oil, drained
225 ml mayonnaise
110 g freshly shredded parmesan cheese
1 tsp chili flakes
salt and pepper
Serving
175 g baby spinach
4 tbsp olive oil
recipe instructions here


Tuna Zoodle Salad
6g net carbs per serving
Ingredients
Serves Four
4 large eggs
425 g canned tuna in water, drained
175 ml mayonnaise
2 tsp onion powder
175 g tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
600 g zucchini (courgette), or ready made zucchini (courgette) noodles
ground black pepper and salt, to taste
recipe instructions here

I hope you may enjoy a tuna dish soon.
I wonder have you got a favourite from these three recipes?
I think mine maybe the tuna burgers.


A variety of recipe ideas and articles are found within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

34 comments:

Tom said...

...I love tuna.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracia spor la s recetas. Me gusta el atún . Te mando un beso.

Christine said...

I should have more tuna

Elephant's Child said...

Hooray for simple sustainable (and tasty) meals.

Angie's Recipes said...

Love tuna! Those recipes sound really wonderful.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Tuna, it been while since hubby or I done anything with it.

Margaret D said...

They look very nice indeed Jan.

Practical Parsimony said...

I make tuna or salmon croquettes with egg, finely chopped onions, 1 egg for five ounce can of tuna, salt and pepper. I add oats, formerly adding crushed crackers. I love them and so does Tommy. He would not like the other recipes, so I would never cook them. Salmon croquettes were what my mother made, but one day I only had a can of tuna, so used that.

Giorgio said...

It's easy to find tuna fish in local markets here in my corner of the world. Your recipe of tuna fish casserole seems interesting. I will give it a try, although I would have never thought of fish cooked with butter. We mainly use olive oil.

Have a nice and sunny 1st Sunday of July,

G

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I used to really enjoy a tuna casserole. I haven't made one in ages. Thank you for the reminder. I think I'll pass on the burgers though. I've never been one for making burgers. All that sticky mess all over my hands and then I end up getting it everywhere. I can be quite messy in the kitchen.!

Donna said...

We like salmon patties...but I have made tuna patties...good tasting!
Love tuna casserole!
hugs
Donna

roentare said...

The tuna dish will be my new favorite

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I do like adding tuna to a salad.
All the dishes look yummy.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

J. S. Vila said...

All this are a very good preparation for to eat plate of tuna. Rich in proteíns and good for health of the body.

kathyinozarks said...

I love tuna so many ways to prepare it too-yours looks really delicious
Hugs Kathy

carol l mckenna said...

Great tuna recipes ~ love tuna ~ thanks,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Mary Kirkland said...

I like tuna but usually cold like in a salad or something. I don't really like it when it's been cooked.

Valerie-Jael said...

I know it's healthy, but I am not a tuna fan! Have a great week, Valerie

DMS said...

I love tuna, have never had a tuna burger. These ideas sound great- and a nice way to spice things up. Thanks for sharing!
~Jess

Barwitzki said...

It all looks good...I couldn't decide right now. That's probably because we just had dinner :-)))
Happy greetings to you.
Hug from Viola

happyone said...

I like tuna, the casserole looks yummy!

Sue said...

I love tuna, but I must admit I prefer tinned to fresh.
Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Teresa said...

La ensalada con atún está muy buena. Besos.

DeniseinVA said...

We were just saying we ought to put tuna fish on our shopping list. This looks delicious! Thanks Jan and all the best :)

My name is Erika. said...

Tuna casserole always brings back rather bad childhood memories. Terrible, I know. But give me tuna in any other form. Yummy post.

aussie aNNie said...

Eat a lot of tuna now will try the burgers xx

J C said...

Thanks for these tuna recipes. I make burgers, but the casserole looks very interesting! I believe I will give it a try!

Conniecrafter said...

Hubby likes tuna I will have to ask if he would like any of these, I know he likes Salmon patties

Jeanie said...

I love tuna. These all look great!

Debbie said...

these recipes are great, i love tuna!!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

These are some great recipes. My mom used to make salmon burgers.

William Kendall said...

As I dislike seafood, I'll pass.

Carla from The River said...

We enjoy tuna, I plan to make the tuna burgers. Thank you for sharing.
Carla

Lorrie said...

There is always a can or two of tuna in the pantry here. The burgers look delicious.