Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 May 2024

Chocolate Muffin : Low Carb Mug Cake


How about grabbing your favourite mug and whipping up these super quick and easy low carb (keto) chocolate muffins. They are a gluten and dairy-free treat, and when microwaved can be ready in five minutes. No microwave? No problem because you can bake them in the oven as well, use a muffin pan instead of a mug!

Ingredients
Serves Two
2 tbsp. almond flour or hazelnut flour
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tbsp. erythritol (sweetener - optional)
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 egg
1½ tbsp. melted coconut oil or butter
½ oz. sugar-free dark chocolate
½ tsp coconut oil or butter for greasing the mugs
Recipe instructions and tips
Can be found here


Almond flour is a gluten-free nut flour that should consist of nothing but ground blanched (no skin) almonds. It’s often used as a low-carb substitute for wheat flour in bread and other baked goods.

The amount of carbs in almonds can vary significantly depending on origin, yield, soil, amount of sun, etc. but often end up between 4-8 grams of net carbohydrates per 100 gram. As always, checking the label is a good idea.

You can get almond flour in most grocery stores and health stores these days, or order it online.
Read more here

Hazelnut flour is a type of flour made from ground hazelnuts. Hazelnuts are nuts that come from the hazel tree and are known for their rich, slightly sweet flavour. To make hazelnut flour, the nuts are finely ground into a powder-like consistency, creating a flour that can be used in various culinary applications.

Hazelnut flour is often used as a gluten-free alternative to traditional wheat flour, making it suitable for individuals with gluten sensitivities or those following a gluten-free diet. Additionally, hazelnut flour is a good source of healthy fats, protein, and other nutrients found in hazelnuts.
Read more here


~ enjoy your day ~

Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quick and easy.

Tina

Mari said...

They look really good - and easy too!

Elephant's Child said...

I have never made a mug cake. Perhaps I should.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta la haré pronto. Te mando un beso.

Angie's Recipes said...

looks really nice!

Christine said...

Yummy!

Margaret D said...

Neither my husband or myself like mudcake but so many people do.

Teresa said...

Siempre interesantes tus recetas. Buen día.

jabblog said...

They look easy and rather tempting.

Tom said...

...and who doesn't love chocolate?

My name is Erika. said...

I love a good chocolate muffin and I love that you found a recipe with lower carbs. Thanks for this.

eileeninmd said...

They look and sound delicious, a nice treat.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Rosemary said...

Gorgeous - quick - easy - delicious - what more could you want. Thanks for the recipe Jan.

Valerie-Jael said...

Now you've made me hungry, I need something to eat! Hugs!

Fun60 said...

They look easy enough for me to try

Divers and Sundry said...

Right now I have devil's food cupcakes from a mix on the counter. You are better than I am 🤣

José Antonio Sánchez Rumí said...

I like this recipe a lot, I love chocolate although I admit that when I've been eating almost daily for a while my stomach notices it, but I like it.
Best regards

happyone said...

Quick and easy and looks delicious.

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

So delicious!!! Regards


Debbie said...

oooooh this looks amazing, right up my ally!! and the tulips are fabulous!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I have heard of these, but never tried them and since we have almond flour in the pantry, it wounds like a doable dessert. Even better served with some French vanilla ice cream!

Rose said...

just the idea of either of these flours sounds sooo good.

This N That said...

I haven't made a mug cake for a long time... I doubt that it was healthy. L O L

DVArtist said...

I have never made a mug cake. Maybe it is time.

Conniecrafter said...

Looks yummy, we have almond flour but I have never tried the Hazelnut.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great recipe idea!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

A delicious treat that is so quick and easy to make. Love it.