Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 May 2024

Red Peppers Stuffed With Cod and Tomatoes

We do enjoy red peppers in our house, and this mix of red pepper and tomatoes really brings out the taste of the cod...


Ingredients
Serves Six
600g cod (
consider using haddock or pollock if preferred)
6 red peppers
1 small red chilli pepper (optional)
3 tomatoes
1 small bunch of basil
2 cloves of garlic
100ml olive oil
80g grated parmesan

Method
1. Cut the tops off the peppers, and carefully remove the core and seeds. Reserve the tops and hulls of the peppers.
2. Wash the tomatoes and remove the stalks. Plunge them into boiling water for a few minutes until the skin starts to detach. Remove the skins then loosely crush them in a bowl. If using chilli, wash and chop it finely, and peel and finely chop the garlic. Thin out the leaves from the bunch of basil and loosely chop.
3. Heat half the oil in a large casserole dish, then add the peppers (placing them vertically, open top upwards), lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Cook the cod in boiling water for 5 minutes then drain it and thin out the slices. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and then add the cod, tomatoes and garlic, cook for 5 minutes then turn the heat off and add the basil and chilli pepper and mix well.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 6.
6. Take the peppers and gently stuff them with the cod, tomato and garlic mixture and place them in an ovenproof dish. Place the lids back onto the peppers, cover them loosely with foil and then place into the oven. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, remove the foil, and sprinkle with the grates parmesan and serve.

Nutritional Details Per Serving
Carbohydrate 11.9g Protein 26.1g Fibre 4g Fat 23g

From an original idea here
Why not serve them with some Cauliflower Couscous - see details here


~ enjoy your day ~

This blog contains a variety of recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use a reliable meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

27 comments:

Christine said...

Delicious.

Tom said...

...I love stuffed pepper and these look great.

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la reseña. Tomó nota. Te mando un beso.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for visiting me. Gosh, your recipe photo is beautiful!!!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Wonder how it would taste with rockfish.

Elephant's Child said...

I MUCH prefer my capsicum raw, so this one is not for me.

Margaret D said...

Sounds good. We eat a fair bit of smoked cod.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jan:=)
I have enjoyed a few stuffed pepper recipes, and I'm sure I will enjoy this one too. It seems delicious! My May so far has been lovely.Last Sunday was Mother's Day here in Portugal. and my daughter treated me to a meal in a very nice restaurant. We ate bacalhau salted cod roasted with roasted crushed potatoes, onions, and lots of tomato. A typical Portuguese meal often eaten at Christmas. Not many foreigners like it, I suppose it's an acquired taste.
All the best
Sonjia.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We love red, yellow and green peppers - stuffed or in salad.

God bless.

jabblog said...

That looks very tasty. Cod can be so disappointing sometimes, but peppers and tomatoes sound perfect. I do like stuffed peppers!

Barwitzki said...

This is an interesting recipe.
So far I've only known stuffed peppers with minced meat... and if you try hard, the sauce is excellent.
Many greetings and a hug for you

roentare said...

Yummy recipe

Katerinas Blog said...

I make stuffed peppers and the red ones in particular are great. Instead of basil I put diosmo and parsley. I will try adding basil too..

My name is Erika. said...

I've never thought of stuffing veggies with fish. It's always been beef. What a great idea.

eileeninmd said...

I love the stuffed peppers, yum!
Take care, have a wonderful day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Yum, and they look so pretty, too.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

I love stuffed peppers and I love cod. I only eat it once a week (frozen) because it is very expensive. I will always remember fries and cod in England. It was delicious, fresh, extremely appetizing. You've made me really want to eat this delicious dish.
Hugs and greetings.

R's Rue said...

Yummy. So good.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We enjoyed both stuffed peppera and cod this week, but in separate meals,this recipe will be for a future meal.

The Furry Gnome said...

That's a delicious looking recipe!

Maria Rodrigues said...

How delicious it looks, it must be super delicious.
Thanks for the recipe.
Hugs and all the best
Maria

Lowcarb team member said...

REPLY TO peppylady (Dora) who said...
Wonder how it would taste with rockfish

Hello there and many thanks for your comment/question.

I haven't tried this using rockfish, although I think it would be okay!

Rockfish is known for its sweet and nutty flavour, while cod offers a milder, delicate flavour.
Rockfish is also denser and meatier than cod, making it a heartier option for those who enjoy substantial meals.

When considering which option to choose based on taste alone, it ultimately comes down to personal preference.

However, keep in mind that rockfish offers a more robust and distinctive flavor profile compared to the subtle taste of cod.

Whatever your choice may be, both rockfish and cod can be enjoyed in a variety of dishes, whether baked, grilled or fried.
These details, and more to read, from article here:-
https://americasrestaurant.com/rockfish-vs-cod/

I hope this helps.

All the best Jan

The Happy Whisk said...

I like the idea of adding the fish to a stuffed pepper. That's a neat idea. I haven't thought of that. Thank you! I recently started eating fish again so this is helpful.

Jeanie said...

I love using a pepper as a "boat" for food. The cod sounds good.

Conniecrafter said...

I bet hubby would like this, a bit of a change how I usually prepare it

Carla from The River said...

I never thought to use cod to stuff a pepper... I am pinning. Thank you!! Carla

Anne (cornucopia) said...

These look delicious.