Total Pageviews

Friday 14 October 2011

The forum of flog !

After being banned from d.co.uk, aka the forum of flog, I posted this under my wife's maiden name. The post still stands, but I was banned again within hours. Thems the breaks eh. Hell hath no fury like a forum on the make eh !  I am still a registered member and get emails every day of the marketing sort. We don't want you posting here, but please feel free to spend your money and earn us a commission eh !

OK, these days the good guys are running the place, and some common sense has been restored. Long may it remain so !

"When considering the low-fat low-carb diet I believe for most people, it is impossible for an active person in the long term. I have proved this for myself. When I started low carbing and back in those days three years ago, I had no understanding of healthy fats, I was on a low carb low fat diet of around 1300-1500 calories a day. Like so many I believed that fats were dangerous and to be feared. My BG numbers fell to non diabetic within days and the weight started to fall off at the rate of around 20 lbs per month. Great what more could I want. The problem came around the forth month. I had gone from a 40” waist to 32” lost over 50lbs fantastic, but my weight kept dropping. I was beginning to look very ill, friends and family wanted to know was it the diabetes that was making ill, one friend asked did I have cancer. I was facing a huge dilemma.

I wanted to stay low carbing, my HbA1c had gone from 12 to 5.4 within three months. My second full bloods tests after three months of diagnoses showed not only a huge reduction in HbA1c but improvement in almost every other area. My Doctor was totally amazed at the changes, (it was beyond his experience) I had made in such a short time. After some thought and a little research I realised I had to turn to fats. I was still eating the same protein I had ate all my life and did not want to start eating huge amounts of protein to increase the calories I needed to maintain a good weight.

I discovered there was good fats and dangerous fats. That much of the processed food I had used before low carbing contained trans fats and other ingredients that were unhealthy. I learned the fats in natural foods such as avocado, olives, nuts, seeds, butter and cream were safe and in fact fat in the diet is essential. I did not go over the top with fats I did not need to. I now know that fat has over twice the calories as carbs and protein and it was easy with some tweaking here and there to get back to a food intake that controlled my diabetes and my weight. Three years on I have never had a HbA1c out of the fives and I am happy with my weight. I use around 2300-2500 calories a day. I live a very active life, some days working over 10 hours. I appreciate others for various reasons do not require my level of calories."

Ain't life grand.



Eddie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were banned!!! now that's a surprise, what you after the Wallcorker award?

Graham