Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Dietitians why are so many hell bent on killing off diabetics ?

"Just been for my first clinic appointment since getting my pump and they said I'm doing brilliantly which I'm over the moon with considering I've never been on a carb counting course. 

My nurse is lovely and went over some things I can improve on like stop over eating when I get a low. 

There was a new dietician (sp?) I've never seen one since I was a teenager (now 28) she wanted to have a chat with me so we went n sat in another room n she asked what kind of diet I have what my meals are like etc, when I said the words 'low carb high fat' you would think I had just mugged her nan. 

She was horrified...

she told me that cutting down on carbs was ok, but the amount of calories I must be consuming was definitely NOT ok. 
I should not be having cream, and butter, and cheese oh I could go on the list was endless, basically the only kind of fat she was ok with me having was olive oil... She gave me a list of low gi foods and said I am best to stick with this. I explained my readings since starting LCHF have been great but all she kept banging on about was calories, said I should have a muller light instead of the full fat Greek yog, I asked even though the muller light is packed with sugar? She said it's got some sweeteners in it which are ok, I shouldn't listen to people saying they are packed with sugar, and I should be eating more fruit, I asked what types, she said grapes, bananas, cherries, oranges Blah blah I stopped listening after this. 

Does everyone have this kind of lecture with a dietician when they say they are LCHF?"


Posted today at the forum of flog here.

Eddie


2 comments:

John said...

Ally's revenge

Anonymous said...

Just read this and it echo's many diabetics meetings with their health care people. Just ask other low carbers. Me I stick with it because it works.
James