Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 July 2017

Foods To Help Give Your Skin a Glow and Put a Spring In Your Step


If we feel good we so often look good - there's a Spring in our step and we feel "all's well with the world". What we eat is so important to our health, and also "when it comes to your skin, the phrase "you are what you eat" couldn't be more true.

"Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

With that in mind, you may wish to consider these foods which are specifically great for your skin and health.

1) Bell Peppers
Why? They naturally boost your body's collagen levels, which helps to keep your skin firm. In other words - less/no wrinkles, less/no dimples, less/no saggy skin.

Baked Mini Bell Peppers - see more here 


2) Mushrooms
Why? They contain selenium, which is an important mineral that helps protect your skin from sun damage.

Portobello Mushroom with Pate and Cheese - see more here


3) Shellfish
Why? Because it contains zinc, which is another immunity-boosting mineral that can help protect skin cells from long term damage.

Asparagus spears with shell fish - see more here


4) Strawberries
Why? They are crammed with vitamin C and flavanoids, both of which are important for keeping skin healthy.

Strawberries and Double Cream - see more here

Image result for strawberries and cream

5) Sunflower Seeds
Why? Because they're packed with vitamin E which helps to protect your body's cells and in turn can provide a healthy glow."

Low Carb Seedy Bread - which contains sunflower seeds - see more here


Some words taken from an original article
here

We bring a variety of articles and recipe ideas to this blog, but not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

19 comments:

Tom said...

...I like them all.

Christine said...

That bread looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was rather enlightening.
I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put
this short article together. I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and commenting.
But so what, it was still worth it!

sage said...

Good, I like all these!

Elephant's Child said...

Good for us AND delicious. Win, win.

Catarina said...

Ok! from this day forward it’s bell pepper, mushrooms, shellfish, strawberries, sunflower seeds every single day!!!

As a matter of fact, when I went to Costco today I had a big bag of sunflower seeds, unsalted. While I was waiting to pay for the groceries I read the nutrition facts: 300 calories for a small amount. Ended up by not bringing it. I will reconsider!! : )

happyone said...

I like all these foods!! Must be why I'm happy. : )

Valerie-Jael said...

These are all foods I love. Hugs, Valerie

Debbie said...

i love them all and will try to eat them more often. i LOVE mushrooms but rarely eat them because the hubs does not like them!!

Martha said...

I love everything listed here! All yummy. Healthy food does our bodies good.

River said...

I hate asparagus, but eat all the other foods regularly.

handmade by amalia said...

Yum. I love them all :-)
Amalia
xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan, My apologies for getting behind in my visits. My husband and I both love your blog and the info you guys share. I love this post. These are some of our fav things and I appreciate the suggestions so much.
Have a nice weekend.

Snowbird said...

I shall certainly look out for these now....especially anything to prevent saggy skin!xxx

Linda said...

I love pretty much everything on this list, and I appreciate the information you are sharing, Jan!

Lisa said...

Some of the bread with those mushrooms would be ideal.
Lisa x

Kezzie said...

I love all these items (and eat regularly) except for my ARCH NEMESIS- MUSHROOMS!! YUCK!

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks so much Jan! Great article!

Sue (this n that) said...

I loved the run down on these foods - a good reminder to get some more asparagus. Thanks Jan, always appreciate the information :D)