Whatever Christmas preparations you need to do, I’m sure it will get done and in the meantime here is a good recipe that may help with your Christmas food ideas.
It's a very tasty low carb trifle, it’s quite a favourite with us and the family. Why not give it a try and see what you think.
100 grams of ground almonds
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons of double (heavy) cream
A 500g pack of frozen low-carb summer fruits ... thawed
(I use ones that are 4.1g carbs per 80g serving)
A handful of toasted flaked almonds
2 x 12.5 grams of instant raspberry, sugar free, jelly crystals
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix the beaten eggs and double cream in separate bowl.
3. Melt the butter in microwave, just use a small microwaveable dish.
4. Slowly add the melted butter to the eggs and cream, keep stirring slowly.
5. Then add the dry ingredients and mix well together (I usually add the mixture approx. 50g i.e. half, at a time).
6. When mixed well, pour into a 6" microwave proof dish, and microwave in a 700watt for 3 minutes.
7. Allow almond sponge to cool and break up into small pieces.
8. Layer up in a Pyrex bowl, 7" wide by 4" deep, (or similar dish of your choice) the fruit, and sponge.
9. Make up your low carb raspberry jelly, as per instructions on pack, and pour the liquid jelly over the sponge and fruit.
10. Allow to set in the fridge.
Just before serving:
I hope you may enjoy this recipe suggestion