1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped leeks
1 tsp minced garlic
32 oz. button mushrooms
8 cups (no salt) vegetable broth
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 cup Half & Half
1. In 6-quart pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onions and leeks. Sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic, cook additional minute.
3. Increase heat to medium-high. Add mushrooms and continue to sauté, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and reduced by one-third, about 12 minutes.
4. Stir in broth and thyme. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
5. Allow soup to cool 15 minutes. In batches, purée soup in blender. Return to pot and stir in Half & Half. Heat through, but do not allow mixture to boil.
6. Serve in small soup bowls.
Per serving — 92 calories
This blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan