Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 May 2018

Cauliflower ‘toast’ avocado mash, smoked salmon and poached egg : Perfect for a Royal Lunch ?

Well, I'm sure that readers will know that here in the UK today, Prince Harry will marry Meghan Markle. Of course there are many other couples who will also be getting married and I wish all couples every happiness. In celebration I thought I'd share a recipe suggestion that could perhaps be called 'A Royal Lunch' or just 'Cauliflower toast, topped with avocado mash, smoked salmon and poached egg'. Yes, throw away the bread and substitute it with cauliflower! It tastes so good and makes a wonderful LCHF weekend breakfast or lunch. Honestly, it really works well and is so much lower in carbs ... and if you are diabetic does not raise those blood sugar levels as much - just see what your meter tells you!


This recipe uses the humble cauliflower in replacement of toast and it works amazingly as a low carb replacement to bread. You finish feeling satisfied and you honestly don’t miss the bread at all. It’s seriously scrummy and can make a perfect lunch, or weeknight supper, or one super breakfast!

To feed two people you will need:
1/2 cauliflower,
4 slices smoked salmon
1 avocado, make sure it is good and ripe
2 eggs
salt, pepper
olive oil
sprinkle of turmeric, pinch of cumin

Start By:
Preheating your oven to 190C
Then take your cauliflower and pull off all his outer leaves."

Next you need to go over to Margie's site and read her instructions here
She has a great way of writing and a very clear step by step guide.


Now as it's the weekend, I wonder, will you be shopping, seeing family / friends, catching up with housework, doing some gardening, or just putting your feet up and chilling with a good book or listening to music. Of course you may also watch the wedding ...
Whatever your weekend plans, I wish you a good one.

All the best Jan

12 comments:

Jo said...

That's definitely worthy of being a royal lunch.

Elephant's Child said...

I am a huge fan of cauliflower and will have to try this. Thank you.
I hope your weekend is delightful.

Tom said...

...wow, something to try.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds very good! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Well, yes, we do know of the marriage, in fact since early morning it´s life on TV, even (which I do not understand, actually as we´re in Germany!).
Sounds yummy - minus the salmon. I know it´s healthy but I simply don´t like salmon... But without it sounds perfect for me :-) Yum!

Mary Kirkland said...

I made something like this a while back and it was just okay to me.

William Kendall said...

Switch out the salmon for something else and I'd go for it.

Martha said...

Looks really delicious! I watched part of the wedding live. Couldn't help it. Weddings are always so joyful.

Out on the prairie said...

what a nice idea, looks charming and I bet tastes good.

Jenn Jilks said...

It's a great way to have eggs!

Snowbird said...

Looks lovely! I could swap some ingredients and enjoy....xxx

Magic Love Crow said...

I watched the wedding! Loved it!
I love this recipe too! Big Hugs!