Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 November 2018

Mediterranean vegetables with lamb ... a one pot meal


This one-pot dish is packed with vegetables and tender lamb and will keep the whole family satisfied … why not serve with low carb oven-baked swede (rutabaga) wedges.

Ingredients:
Serves Four
1 tbsp. olive oil
250g lean lamb fillet, trimmed of any fat and thinly sliced
140g shallots, halved
2 large courgettes (zucchini) cut into chunks
½ tsp each ground cumin, paprika and ground coriander
1 red, 1 orange and 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
1 garlic clove, sliced
150ml vegetable stock
250g cherry tomatoes

handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped

Method:
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Cook the lamb and shallots over a high heat for 2-3 mins until golden. Add the courgettes and stir-fry for 3-4 mins until beginning to soften.
2. Add the spices and toss well, then add the peppers and garlic. Reduce the heat and cook over a moderate heat for 4-5 mins until they start to soften.
3. Pour in the stock and stir to coat. Add the tomatoes, season, then cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally until the veg are tender. Stir through the coriander to serve.

Nutrition per serving:
Fat 9g Carbs 11g Fibre 4g Protein 17g

From an original idea here

Pepper's, as well as being so colourful, do have a lot going for them. They are full of good nutrition and all varieties are excellent sources of Vitamins A and C, potassium, folic acid and fibre. My favourite is the red one! 


This recipe is so easy to tweak e.g. aubergines (eggplants) could be used, some may like to add some leeks or carrots … perhaps not quite so Mediterranean, but as always the choice is with you the reader...

Please note, you will find a variety of recipe ideas and articles within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

28 comments:

Jo said...

Yum, it looks delicious, perfect for this time of year.

Tom said...

...lamb has never been a favorite of mine.

Catarina said...

I like one pot meals.
This one will be on my list of meals to prepare in the next few days.
Thanks!
:)

mxtodis123 said...

This looks so yummy. Haven't had lamb in a long time. Very expensive here.

Ygraine said...

Wow...this sounds really delicious...and exactly what we need on these freezing days!
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe...😊😊

Have a great weekend!

DIMI said...

Hello Jan!
Great recipe and easy to make!
I love lamb and peppers!
Thank you for sharing!
Enjoy your evening!
Dimi...

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

ohhhh, you just made me hungray.

Good thing Thanksgiving dinner is in a bit.

Cheers from Florida

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Interesting food! Have a nice evening

Anonymous said...

real winter dish!

Elephant's Child said...

One pot meals are always good.

Carol Blackburn said...

Looks wonderful. I am always looking for a new stew or soup especially during our frigid winter weather. I just don't normally think of lamb as I believe I've only used it once before and can't remember if we like it or not. Thank you. I do hope you are having a lovely day.

Christine said...

looks delicious, I love one pot meals.

William Kendall said...

It sounds good.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We haven't had this for a while. Time to try it again.

God bless.

happyone said...

I don't even remember the last time I had lamb. I like it though and this sounds really good.

Sue (this n that) said...

Oh what a lovely idea... it's a bit cold and windy here today, a nice stew like that will go down well. Cheers :D)

klahanie said...

Everything but the lamb. I could never eat lamb.

Thanks for the recipe.

Gary

Margaret D said...

Looks ever so delicious..

mamasmercantile said...

It sounds and looks delicious, a recipe that can be easily adjusted to taste.

Lady Fi said...

I'll take mine without the lamb...

Mary Kirkland said...

I cook a lot of one pot meals this time of year and this looks good.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like doing the one pot meals. Not so sure about lamb.
Enjoy your day!

Debbie said...

I really like one pot meals but not a fan of lamb. I'll bet you could make a meat substitution!!

Conniecrafter said...

that looks good, I haven't met a pepper I didn't like :)

Bob Bushell said...

Beautiful menu without the lamb.

Magic Love Crow said...

I don't really like lamb, but this dish looks really good! Thank you!

Felicity said...

Hello, Jan, what a good idea!
I like to use less dishes while cooking and put a lot of vegitables :)
I will cook and taste it :)
Thank you :)
be Happy
Nat