Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 March 2019

Stuffed Chicken Breast with Zoodles and Tomato Sauce : Low Carb



Take some creamy ricotta (or goat cheese), savoury spinach and sharp cheddar cheese. Envelope them using some tender chicken and then cover with an herby tomato sauce … what you end up with is a fabulous low carb dish. 

Ingredients:
Serves Four
13g carbs per serving
4 chicken breasts
150 g baby spinach
225 g goat cheese or ricotta cheese
110 g (225 ml) shredded (grated) cheddar cheese
60 g butter
salt and pepper
grated parmesan cheese
Tomato sauce
60 g butter
1 shallot
2 garlic cloves
½ tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. tomato paste
400 g crushed tomatoes
½ tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
pepper, to taste
Zoodles *

2 zucchini (courgette)
Cooking instructions
can be found here

Chicken has many plus points - its versatility, as well as the ease and speed with which it can be cooked - make it one of the most popular meats around. It has a high level of good quality protein, as well as B vitamins, iron, copper and selenium.
The pale flesh has a close texture and a mild flavour that pairs up well with many different ingredients. Never eat raw chicken, and always thoroughly wash your hands, utensils and cutting board as soon as you've cut or handled raw chicken.

More about chicken here

* Zoodles = zucchini (courgette) noodles. They may also be known as Courgetti = courgette spaghetti
Zoodles are an incredibly fresh and healthy alternative to pasta. Zoodles are a fun way to increase the amount of vegetables we eat.

More about zoodles here 

You will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

31 comments:

Mary Kirkland said...

I've made something like this before and it was really good.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds wonderful. Valerie

William Kendall said...

That sounds good!

Louca por porcelana said...

It looks delicious!Hugs!

Lady Caer Morganna said...

All of my favorites! This is a definite must try for me! Thank you!!

sandy said...

Never tried zuccini noodles but have heard of them - this looks really good.

Pam said...

Yum....that looks so tasty.

Martha said...

Looks so delicious! I'll be making my first zoodles tomorrow night :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

I really need to try zucchini noodles!

Iris Flavia said...

And I have ricotta cheese and chicken right here, hmmm! And cauliflower. And parsley.

baili said...

oh dear this looks appealing :)
i would absolutely love to try it asap
glad you shared dear Jan!

mamasmercantile said...

Looks very good. I love courgettes but have never used them as noodles.

Jo said...

That looks delicious and very tasty.

sage said...

Looks good and like a keeper recipe. I have gotten into using such "noodles" and find them to be helpful in making dishes that are lower in carbs.

www.thepulpitandthepen.com

Stephanie said...

Oh, my lovely friend, this looks truly amazing! I must add it to my menu next week :) Thank you for sharing!

Hugs and joy to you!

Chris Lally said...

Mouthwatering!
Thanks, Jan :)

Out on the prairie said...

I need to try out some zoodles, I saw the tool to make them, it is an easy veg to grow here

Dewena said...

I printed out this recipe, it all sounds delicious, low carb or not! I haven't yet tried the zoodle tool on my new food processor and have been wanting to. I saved the link to the zoodle post.

I also read the previous post on mercury in fish because I could eat it almost every day and wondered about that.

Teresa said...

Se ve muy sabrosa. Besitos.

happyone said...

Oh my doesn't that look good!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Zoodles...it even SOUNDS fun! I love this recipe! I've already had dinner but I could eat again! Hugs!

Lee said...

Oh! Yum! But I'm about to have some fish, chips and salad for my lunch. :)

Another day is around the corner, thought! :)

Carla from The River said...

Yum!! I pinned.

Debbie said...

this looks so good!! chicken is the primary meat in our house!!!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jan oh this recipe looks fantastic,thankyou for sharing my friend xx

Sami said...

I've made zoodles once in a while, will have to try out this recipe as it looks delicious. Thanks Jan :)

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Hummmm tem um aspecto delicioso, aproveito para desejar a continuaĆ§Ć£o de uma boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

This N That said...

Looks yummy altho I kinda consider chicken dog food..That's what I feed my dog :)

carol l mckenna said...

Oh looks so delicious ~ not on my menu yet ~ till I am mended ~

Thanks for your Get Well Wishes, too!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

aussie aNNie said...

yum, delish recipe and one to make soon, made one similar recently with chicken tenderloins.x

Magic Love Crow said...

My mouth is watering! Thank you Jan! Big Hugs!