Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 January 2022

Thursday Three : Low Carb Recipe Suggestions (6)

Here we are with another 'Thursday Three' of lower carb recipe suggestions.
I hope you enjoy these suggestions 😊

Cappuccino Cake
Sometimes it is nice to sit and enjoy a low carb treat.
If you like coffee and chocolate you will love this beautiful, layered cake that imitates cappuccino


Ingredients
Chocolate Cake
90g ground almond
30g soya flour
5 large eggs
125g unsalted butter (softened)
150g xylitol (powdered)
100g dark chocolate
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. bicarbonate soda
Coffee cream
250g mascarpone cheese
200g whipping cream
4 tsp. instant coffee
3 tsp. powdered gelatine
4 tbsp. xylitol
Top layer
250g whipping cream
1 tbsp. xylitol (or more if you wish)
Instructions more details here

Courgette/Zucchini, Tomato and Cheese Carpaccio
This courgette/zucchini, tomato and cheese carpaccio, makes a very good vegetarian type twist on the Italian classic. It may be served either as a main course or appetizer, and is quite delicious when the cheese slowly melts over the warm vegetables.


Ingredients
Serves Two
2 tomatoes
1 courgette/zucchini
2 tbsp. capers, drained
3½ oz. (100g) gouda cheese, in slices
2 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
2 tsp balsamic vinegar, syrup
1 tbsp. olive oil
Instructions more details here

Cucumber and Halloumi Bites
This recipe takes about five minutes to put together and is SO delicious and easy.
It can make a super quick lunch or tea time snack.


Ingredients
For one serving (adjust as necessary)
Half a cucumber
1/4 block of Halloumi cheese
Full fat plain yoghurt
a little lemon juice
salt and pepper
Instructions more details here

I hope you've enjoyed this 'Thursday Three'.
I wonder have you a favourite looking recipe out of these three?
They all look good, but I think I will be putting Halloumi on my shopping list 😀

You can also have a look at previous 'Thursday Three' lower carb recipe suggestions using this link here


Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

30 comments:

William Kendall said...

I'd go for these.

Susan Kane said...

I love your site. My husband is a #2 diabetic, who ignores me a lot.

these recipes! I can use each one, seriously.

Sandi said...

So much yum!

Tom said...

...I'd like try the Cucumber and Halloumi Bites!

J.P. Alexander said...

Me encanto la primera receta, te mando un beso

peppylady (Dora) said...

Cake looks so yummy, it makes my mouth water.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Elephant's Child said...

It is the carpaccio which tempts me most today. Thank you.

Christine said...

Delicious!

Valerie-Jael said...

That cappuccino cake looks great! Valerie

Jo said...

Three delicious recipes. I like how quick the cucumber and halloumi bites are, a good one for when time is at a premium.

Ananka said...

These look good :-D

eileeninmd said...

All three look delicious!
Take care, enjoy your day!

My name is Erika. said...

That cake looks yummy. I've been trying to get back on carbs and I'm allergic to almonds. Any dessert suggestions?

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Three great recipes, Jan! Happy 2022!

Crafty Green Poet said...

The Carpaccio looks amazing!

Anything with Halloumi is generally very appetising, unfortunately I don't like cucumber though!

Conniecrafter said...

I just had breakfast but these look good :)

linda said...

Haloumi bites followed by a slice of chocolate cake, yum.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

If there is zucchini, tomato and cheese all together in one dish it's a winner in my book!

Jeff said...

All three sound and look delicious! Nice to have a low carb cake!

DVArtist said...

I must be hungry. Everything here looks so darn good. LOL

happyone said...

Everything looks so good!!

Laura. M said...

Se ve muy rica. Gracias me encanta el chocolate.
Buen jueves.
Un abrazo.

Mary Kirkland said...

Those look so good.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh they all look and sound delicious! Xo

Wishing you happy times,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor

Rose said...

The first two sound delicious...

Lowcarb team member said...

My name is Erika. said...
That cake looks yummy. I've been trying to get back on carbs and I'm allergic to almonds. Any dessert suggestions?

Hello Erika
Libby at Ditch The Carbs site has an article featuring 17 coconut flour recipes, some of which are desserts that may be helpful to you
https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/coconut-flour-recipes/

You may also like to have a look at this article too
28 Creative Keto Desserts Made With Coconut Flour
https://ketosummit.com/keto-desserts-coconut-flour/

Hope these suggestions will be helpful.

All the best Jan

Miss Val's Creations said...

I need to try that Zucchini, Tomato and Cheese Carpaccio! I never thought to pair halloumi cheese with cucumbers. Since those ingredients are always on hand in our house, we will try it!

Martha said...

How delicious!

Teresa said...

Muy buenas recetas. Besos.

sandy said...

everything in this post looks good. and the post above, i've never been a drinker of tea much other than mushroom tea micro dose that is suppose to be good for brain health, anxiety and other things, which I don't have but my son wanted me to try and it was defnitely relaxing. not to say I don't have a brain though.