Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 January 2022

Thursday Three : Low Carb Recipe Suggestions (7)

Here we are with another 'Thursday Three' of lower carb recipe suggestions.
I hope you enjoy these suggestions 😊

Lime and Vanilla Cheesecake
A low carb, delicious treat you may like to try.


Ingredients
Base
100g melted butter
2 cups Almond meal
1 tbsp Almond butter
Filling
4 Eggs plus 1 egg yolk
500g Cream cheese (regular)
200g Coconut cream
1 tbsp Vanilla essence
3 tbsp Natvia (sweetener of your choice)
4 Limes (juiced)
Instructions more details here

Crab-stuffed Avocado with a Buttermilk Dressing
This makes a tasty lunch that's ready in just ten minutes.


Ingredients
Serves Two
100g (3 1/2oz) fresh or tinned white crab meat
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 tbsp. finely chopped coriander
1 shallot, finely chopped
handful baby salad leaves
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 avocados, halved and stoned
For the dressing
2 tbsp. buttermilk
1 tsp Tabasco
1 tsp mayonnaise
Instructions more details here

Pork With Pepper Kebabs
This recipe is great for barbeques, but can be cooked indoors under the grill.


Ingredients
Serves 4 Adults
480g / 1 lb of diced lean pork
2 green or red peppers
For the Marinade
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 red chilli, trimmed
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
zest and juice of ½ a lime
1 level teaspoon of paprika
Small bunch flat leaf parsley
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Instructions more details here

I hope you've enjoyed this 'Thursday Three'.
Did you spot the theme running through these choices?

Have you a favourite looking recipe out of these three?
They all look good, but I think I will make sure Avocados are on my shopping list 😀

You can also have a look at previous 'Thursday Three' lower carb recipe suggestions using this link here


Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

19 comments:

eileeninmd said...

More yummy recipes, thanks for sharing.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Ananka said...

These are good, I like the idea of the cheesecake :-D

Tom said...

...the Pork With Pepper Kebabs look good to me.

linda said...

They all look amazing.

Divers and Sundry said...

Definitely going to try this! Thanks :)

Divers and Sundry said...

and by "this" I mean the pork kabobs. I don't remember ever having used pork when making kabobs.

Jo said...

Oooh, that cheesecake looks nice, very tempting.

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde. Gostaria de provar todas essas delícias.

Elephant's Child said...

Low carb doesn't mean low on taste does it?

William Kendall said...

The first and third I would definitely go for.

happyone said...

Oh that pie is the one for me. :)

Rose said...

Oh, these sound wonderful. The kabobs really sound delicious. It has been a long time since I made any.

Christine said...

Love them all!

Conniecrafter said...

the pork kebabs sound very good :)

Teresa said...

Buenas recetas, me las apunto para hacerlas. Besos.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I normally HATE seeing comment moderation, but it is good when I'm as far behind as I am visiting. My sincere apologies because Blogger would not let me leave comments until yesterday. Now I am desperately playing catch up.

The cheesecake and the stuffed avocado salad both sound wonderful. I love the sound of both of these.

Debbie said...

love the kabobs, it looks like there may be one other ingredient?? i would inhale that salad, it looks fantastic!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Debbie said...
love the kabobs, it looks like there may be one other ingredient?? i would inhale that salad, it looks fantastic!!

Hello Debbie
Yes, I think you are right!
I seem to remember that I had an apple on the side which I roughly cut into chunks and skewered it on some of the kebabs, very tasty ...
The recipe works well with a few pineapple chunks skewered on to.

Hope you have had a good weekend,
My good wishes for the coming new week.

All the best Jan

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

All three of the recipes sound wonderful, Jan. Thanks for sharing!