Total Pageviews

Saturday 25 November 2023

Comedy Wildlife 2023 - these photographs will make you smile

From time to time we post something completely different ...
Like these photos from the 2023 Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards


Air Guitar Roo
photograph credit and words by Jason Moore

“I was driving past a mob of Western Grey Kangaroos feeding in an open field that was filled with attractive yellow flowers. I had my camera with me, so I stopped to grab a few photos. I suddenly noticed this individual adopt a humorous pose - to me it looks like he's practising strumming - 
on his Air Guitar.”


Dispute
photograph credit and words by Jacek Stankiewicz

“I caught this scene while watching birds in the Bialowieza Forest. Young greenfinch was still fed by parents. However, from time to time birds looked like having argument. My friends interpret this scene in two ways. 1. A young naughty kid is arguing with a parent. 2. One kid is reporting to the parent that its brother did something wrong: look he has broken the glass in the window.”


One for the family album
photograph credit and words by Zoe Ashdown

“"At RSPB Bempton Cliffs, each year between March and October, around half a million seabirds use the chalk cliffs towering above the North Sea to nest and raise a family. Gannets mate for life and they return to the same nest year after year to raise their young. Lying safely at the top of the cliff face I was able to observe the affection shown between the gannets each time one returned to the nest. They have a greeting ritual, they rub beaks and entwine their necks; it’s how they strengthen their bond. But it’s also a brilliant opportunity to catch them in various poses. I didn’t realise I’d taken this image until I got home, but as soon as I saw it I laughed out loud! They look like proud parents, posing with their baby - definitely one for the family album!"”


Monday Blahs
photograph credit and words by John Blumenkamp

“This Great Gray Owl spent most of the afternoon posing majestically and looking, well, wise. But for a moment or two after doing some elegant stretching, he/she would slump and give a look of 'is Monday over yet?' I really like the uniqueness of the Comedy Wildlife Awards, and that they emphasize conservation while taking a fun and special look at wildlife. While out shooting I often find myself smiling or laughing with some of the behaviors of various species, and this annual event is a great way to bring that fun element of nature to others. While photographing the great gray owl shown in my image, I had been busy working to capture that majestic looking pose. As the owl preened and then sat still for a short while, it stretched once more and for a quick moment gave the pose shown. As it did, I grinned and thought… now that’s funny!”

There are more amazing photographs to see here
also related post 'Comedy Wildlife 2023, such fun' see here

All the best Jan

31 comments:

Tom said...

...I saw these, they are fabulous.

Anonymous said...

These are so good, especially the owl.
Will use your link to see some more.
Have a great weekend Jan.

Tina

Christine said...

Fun photos

Debbie said...

these pictures are amazing, i am so happy you shared them!!

J.P. Alexander said...

Lindas y divertidas fotos. Te mando un beso.

Lee said...

I love these. They made me laugh...I put them up on my FB yesterday. :)

Margaret D said...

These are just priceless, love them.

Elephant's Child said...

Some incredible photos - of equally incredible birds and animals.

Granny Marigold said...

I enjoyed them all but the Owl made me chuckle!

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Being in the right place at the right time. They are hysterical.

DeniseinVA said...

These are great, thank you so much for sharing them. Wishing you a great weekend!

roentare said...

I saw them a lot lately. Very funny

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great photos. Thank you, Jan.

God bless always.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful wildlife images, they are all awesome!
Take care, have a great weekend.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jan :=)
I Loved seeing all these fun pictures. Thank you for sharing them, and the links, they made me laugh.

DUTA said...

Very comic photos of wild life! I like 'the dispute' in particular.

CJ Kennedy said...

Those were great at the right time at the right place photos.

Bill said...

Funny :)

happyone said...

Wow these are wonderful. Love them all but my favorite is the owl!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful I love thes photos and films! Valerie

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely post. Those photographs are spot on.

Aritha V. said...

I love them. The owl...

DVArtist said...

They did make me smile. Thank you. Have a nice weekend.

Linda said...

Those are great pictures. The owl looks bushed.

The Happy Whisk said...

Photos of animals doing silly things is fun. Happy Christmas, Jan!

John's Island said...

Hi Jan,
Thank you for the smiles! These are great photos! 😊
Happy rest of the weekend to you and Eddie!
John

P-and-P said...

Great photos, thank you for sharing them. :)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness these are terrific, I can't decide between the kangaroo or the owl on which one I like most!

Jules said...

Love these. I feel like the owl this morning. Xx

Crafty Green Poet said...

Yes, excellent photos, definitely make me smile

Teresa said...

Preciosas, me han encantado. Besos.