Total Pageviews

Monday 27 November 2023

Sausage, Parsnip, Onion and Apple Tray Bake

Try this easy one-step sausage tray bake recipe.
It takes minutes to prepare and approx. one hour sizzling in the oven.


A few simple ingredients, including some good quality sausages, can make a hearty and comforting tray bake dinner. Peel and chop parsnips and red onions, mix with some olive oil and fresh rosemary and place in the oven. After 15 minutes the sausages go in and 45 minutes later you're done. Just serve with some sweet and sharp apple sauceThere is an alternative sugar free apple sauce recipe here 

It's like a roast dinner for mid-week 😋

Ingredients
Serves Four
600 g (1lb 5oz) parsnips, peeled and chopped
2 red onions, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 sprigs rosemary
8 sausages (of your choice)

Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6.
2. In a large baking tray, mix the parsnips, red onions, olive oil, rosemary and seasoning. Spread in a single layer and cook for 1hr, adding the sausages after 15min.
3. Serve with the apple sauce.

From an original idea here


~ wishing you a lovely day ~

You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

37 comments:

Tom said...

...I would like this!

Elephant's Child said...

Not for me - but the combination of apple and parsnip has me thinking. Thank you.

J.P. Alexander said...

Ricas salchichas. Te mando un beso.

Mary Kirkland said...

That sounds good.

Christine said...

Looks delicious I should get some parsnips.

Catarina said...

It looks extremely appetizing!
Have a very pleasant week.
:)

Angie's Recipes said...

Very yummy and comforting!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I like tray bakes for the ease of making a delicious dinner in the oven This looks so good!

Margaret D said...

That certainly looks good Jan.

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Looks very tasty indeed. Thank you for the inspiration.
Have a happy week ahead! xx

roentare said...

That looks yum

Rustic Pumpkin said...

As long as the parsnips were young and not strong in flavor, I would love this. I would also add slices of carrots some chunks of potato and I think it would be a complete meal then. Maybe Jerusalem. Artichoke would be a good swap for the parsnip, or sweet potato That's the beauty of a recipe like this. Once you start get going with it, you can change it into any number of different flavors.

eileeninmd said...

It does look yummy, thanks for sharing!
Take care, have a wonderful week!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice, sausages are always a treat. The parsnips, I have yet to try.

Lucyna Drozłowska said...

Na pewno wypróbuję ten przepis. Dziękuję i życzę dobrego tygodnia:)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Now I'm really hungry.

God bless.

My name is Erika. said...

I love the idea of adding apples. That sounds fantastic. Have a wonderful start to the new week.

Valerie-Jael said...

So many good things in this, yummy! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Hena Tayeb said...

This looks so delicious and easy!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Even the sausage looks good, which is saying a lot from this vegetarian.


Lorrie said...

A tray bake like this is perfect for a busy day. The combination of ingredients sounds delicious. Have a good week!

CJ Kennedy said...

This looks like a pleaser

R's Rue said...

Yum

Bill said...

I would love this.

Rain said...

That sounds delicious! Great combination of flavours!

Jeanie said...

I love a good tray bake! I don't see parsnips, much. I like them!

Carla from The River said...

Yum, I have made this and our family loved it. :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Google Translate

J.P. Alexander said...
Ricas salchichas. Te mando un beso

Delicious sausages. I send you a kiss

Lucyna Drozłowska said...
Na pewno wypróbuję ten przepis. Dziękuję i życzę dobrego tygodnia:)

I will definitely try this recipe. Thank you and have a good week:)

happyone said...

Oh yummy, I'd love this!!!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Putting this on shopping list. The ideal with apple and parsnip sound yummy.
Coffee is on.

Anonymous said...

Looks good jan! I’m not sure about the parsnips though. I don’t think I’ve ever had them. I guess you’re never too old

Laura. M said...

Rico. Me gusta este menú. Yo las hago con un poco de vino blanco.Gracias
Un abrazo.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Looks great,

Conniecrafter said...

I just happened to have this on hand will have to give it a try

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This looks delicious, except for the parsnips: I find them too "earthy" tasting. - Anne (Cornucopia)

carol l mckenna said...

Yummy ~ and so nutritious too ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Teresa said...

Parece muy bueno. Besos.