Total Pageviews

Friday 4 May 2012

Age 95 No medications No complications Low Carb


Today I was at the local hospital for my annual eye check. In the queue before me, an old man and his daughter. While he was in for his eye drops I asked his daughter his age -95. Wow I thought! I then asked a series of questions. The answers are summarised below. See if you can guess the questions.

Type 2
No medication
Diet controlled
Originally diagnosed by old family doctor (now deceased) and advised on diet
Moved from the Dales to now live with daughter
Now constant conflict with HCP regarding diet
Lack of feedback mechanism in HCP’s brain

John

"Old Man"
Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.
Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.

Apologies to Young Neil - only 30 more years to go!

4 comments:

Eli Lilly said...

Does this chap realise the risk he's taking he could heading to a premature demise, he should listen to his new HCPs and take the pills they know best.

Eli

Anonymous said...

That is sooo made up !

Lowcarb team member said...

"That is sooo made up !"

Lying may be a way of life for you, but not for us. Get a life anon before its too late.

Eddie

John said...

“That is sooo made up !”

I can assure you it is not. If your expectation is of loss of toes, lower limbs, eyesight, etc I can understand your scepticism. This is the reaction we received from the clique on d.co.uk when we posted our HbA1c many years ago.

40 months of HbA1c < 5.4% great lipid profile -trigs of a young man – I repeat only 30 years to