Total Pageviews

Monday 21 August 2017

Beef Chili : Low Carb


One pot cooking is just so good, and this low carb beef chili recipe is a favourite. There are quite a few combinations many of us use when it comes to our favourite Chili recipes. For those living the LCHF lifestyle why not serve it with cauliflower rice or a green salad, which is my particular favourite.

I like the red cooking pot shown here, I may have to get some LOL! it adds to the warmth of the Chili somehow, don't you think!

Ingredients:
Serves Nine
8g carb per serving
2 lb lean ground (minced) beef (10% fat)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cumin
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp hot red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp ground allspice
6 oz. tomato paste
3 bay leaves
4 oz. canned mushroom slices, drained (ok to use fresh)
3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper

Method:
1. In large stockpot, brown meat, drain fat.
2. Add 4 cups cold water, cinnamon, cumin, onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic cloves, salt, chili powder, black and red pepper, allspice, tomato paste, bay leaves, mushrooms, and green pepper. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce to simmer. Cover and cook 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves before serving.


For help with measurement conversion please see here
From an original idea, with helpful video guide, here

A variety of recipe ideas are within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

17 comments:

Sol said...

cinnamon is what makes a special chilli!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks yummy. I love Chili! Thanks for sharing. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

only slightly confused said...

Chili is one of our favourites.......I substitute mushrooms for kidney beans in my recipe.

Christine said...

Looks delicious and low carb for sure!

Catarina said...

I love chili. My stomach not so much. : (

Valerie-Jael said...

Yummy! Hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

Hey i have a website for diabetes.

I got your id from your site. It would be great if you mention me in one of your posts or your site.

Maybe i can write a free blogpost for you.

This is my site - www.a1cguide.com

These are some posts if you wanna link out

http://a1cguide.com/foods-lower-a1c/
http://a1cguide.com/best-diabetic-socks-women-men/
http://a1cguide.com/top-10-diabetic-bracelets-for-men-and-women-reviews/
http://a1cguide.com/top-10-best-diabetes-insulin-supply-travel-case/


Please reply

Thanks a lot.

Lisa said...

Lots of fabulous warming spices makes this very flavoursome I suspect.
Another lovely winter one pot meal, I cooked a goulash yesterday, it's the weather turning cooler!
Lisa x

Mary Kirkland said...

I absolutely love chili.

Martha said...

Such a great recipe! I love all the ingredients in it and I also love that it's a one pot meal. My favourite type! That pot is indeed really nice. I've seen a similar one around here in turquoise and may have to pick it up at one point. Colourful kitchen items always making cooking that much more fun!

Elephant's Child said...

One pot cooking is always a winner. And we have (and I love) a red pot which looks very similar.

Lisabella Russo said...

I wonder if I could make this recipe with faux beef ground, it looks good!

Debbie said...

this is a great recipe for chili!! i think everyone has one, i know i do and i will be making lot's as fall approaches!!!

Carol Blackburn said...

This sounds great but I wish there was something to thicken it other than using anything tomatoe. Tomatoes seem to give me a problem lately. Any suggestions? Maybe I should experiment a bit, huh?

happyone said...

This looks very good.

Magic Love Crow said...

Thanks Jan! Yummy!

Phil Slade said...

That recipe sounds so like our own and then I noticed. No Kidney beans! We like to use fresh chillies, mostly red but with one or two green and then add a bit of chilli powder near the end. Like you say, three or more hours in a Le Creuset and then turn off the oven to cook more in the pot. Mmm, Think I'll have to go make one now.