Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 August 2017

Raspberry Baked Custard Dessert


I know not all of our readers are dessert lovers, in fact if I said to Eddie would you prefer cheese or a low carb cheesecake, he'd choose cheese! However, this dessert is 10g carb per serving so may be just right for your menu plans!

Ingredients:
Serves Six
10g carbs per serving
3 eggs
1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
2 1/2 cup whole milk
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 tsp all natural agave nectar

Method:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. / 190ยบ C / Gas mark 5
2. In medium bowl, mix eggs, SPLENDA®, vanilla, and salt. Slowly stir in milk.
3. Pour into eight 4-oz custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
4. Place cups in 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish, on oven rack. Pour boiling water into pan to within 1/2 inch of tops of cups.
5. Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted halfway between centre and edge comes out clean. Remove cups from water. Let cool 30 minutes. Un-mold and serve warm with fresh raspberry sauce.
6. Place raspberries, water, and agave nectar (or sugar) in food processor or blender. Cover and process until smooth. Press through food sieve to remove seeds, if desired.


Original recipe idea here
For help with measurement conversion please see here

A variety of recipe ideas are within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

21 comments:

Adam said...

nice dessert

Tom said...

...love raspberries.

Jo said...

It looks lovely. I don't like runny custard on my desserts but I do like things like egg custard tart so I'd probably enjoy this too.

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm a great cheese lover, too, but this desert could really make me weak kneed! Hugs, Valerie

Catarina said...

I see dessert, and I come running!!!

Recipe duly copied and filed!

Thanks!

: ))

Conniecrafter said...

Even though it is morning here this has my mouth watering :)
Have a fantastic weekend!

sandy said...

well that sure looks good!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Yum! I do love sweets for dessert. However most often I go for red wine. Less calories and a relaxed body. :)

William Kendall said...

Delicious!

Christine said...

I love custard!

Elephant's Child said...

Raspberries improve almost anything.

Mary Kirkland said...

I've mad custard before but never thought to add fruit, I love that idea.

JFM said...

Definitely ready for a second helping on this one...yummmmmm!!!

Jenn Jilks said...

I LOVE CHEESECAKE! Hubby cannot have it, though.

happyone said...

Oh my mouth is watering. : )

Lee said...

I love baked custards of all and any descriptions! :)

Martha said...

Custard and raspberries! Oh yummy.

Lisa said...

Just my kind of dessert.
Yummy raspberries, can't go wrong with those.
Lisa x

Crafty Green Poet said...

anything with raspberries keeps me happy!

Linda said...

It looks fantastic! :)

Magic Love Crow said...

My mouth is watering!!!