Total Pageviews

Friday 4 August 2017

Halle Berry reveals how she controls her diabetes

Halle Berry credits her ketogenic diet with keeping her fit. The Monster's Ball star, 50, is known for her enviable physique and she explains not eating any sugars or carbohydrates - because she is diabetic - has helped her maintain her figure.

"The idea of it is you train your body to burn healthy fats and so I eat healthy fats all day long," she told U.S. talk show Live! with Kelly and Ryan of her low-carb, high-fat diet rules. "Avocado, oil, coconut oil, butter, but don't have sugar. So when your body gets trained to burn fats and you're constantly on fat-burning mode, that's the secret."

She also insisted love and happiness plays a part in leading a successful fit and healthy lifestyle. "It's all of that (too)," the mother-of-two smiled. Halle has been adamant about keeping her body healthy to help control her diabetes and she previously insisted she wouldn't put on a lot of weight for a movie role, because it could jeopardise her health.

"My heart would say yes because I feel like I would do anything for my craft, but my brain would say no because I'm diabetic and what that might do to me on a health level could be really dangerous, so that's probably the real reason I wouldn't," she told U.S. talk show host Wendy Williams in 2012.

"Taking care of my health and keeping my weight a certain (level) is really very much a part of taking care of myself and being healthy and because I'm a mum now, I wouldn't  take risks like that," she added.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/

It's  over three years ago since our last post about Halle Berry and she's still going strong on a low carb diet

Graham


9 comments:

Tom said...

...I never knew!

susan q said...

I was kinda of disturbed my her behavior at Comic Con, drinking alcohol. It just seemed to be a mixed message, to me.

Christine said...

Never knew either!

Tara said...

I wonder how she treats low blood sugars, if she doesn't ingest any sugar. I commend her efforts, it's a daily struggle and requires planning and vigilance.

Adam said...

Didn't know she had it

roughterrain crane said...

I will take tofu with sliced green onion in dinner today.

Carol Blackburn said...

Interesting! Always admired her slip yet strong-looking physique and now I know why. Thanks.
Have a great weekend.

DMS said...

What an interesting post. I didn't know she was diabetic. It sounds like she is taking lots of steps to keep herself healthy. ;)
~Jess

Magic Love Crow said...

I never knew about this! Great post!