Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Cheesecake Cranberry Mousse : The Low Carb Way


Ewelina, is a Type 1 Diabetic, she writes:

"There are so many recipes out there, from different parts of the world and the good news is, that most of them can be adapted to low carb baking. The only problem I have, is to find someone, who will help me to eat all this deliciousness. Let’s face it, low carb baking is great, but eating three cakes a week is not a good idea! I try to make big batches of various cakes for parties or family gatherings, where I can share them with other people. None of them are diabetics, but they all love them. It’s great to know that ‘normal’ people enjoy my cakes. It shows, that when you bake from my recipes, you are not going to be the only one in your family who likes it.


I made these little mini cheesecakes from the leftover cranberries that I had in my freezer from Christmas. You don’t need much and it makes a really nice and a bit different cheesecake. I made it in a mini sandwich tin (from Lakeland), but you can make it in a regular spring form tin. Ingredients listed below will make 24 mini cheesecakes or one large cheesecake in a 23cm spring form tin."

Ingredients:
Chocolate base:
80g dark chocolate
150 g ground almonds


Cheese layer:

500g cream cheese
250 g double cream
4 eggs
160g erythritol
2 tsp. vanilla extract


Cranberry mousse:

300g cranberries (fresh or frozen)
110g erythritol
3 tsp granulated gelatine (or 3 leaves)
Juice of half lemon


Nutritional Details:
1 slice (1/12th of the whole cake)
Carbohydrate 5.4g Protein 8g Fat 31g


1 mini cheesecake
Carbohydrate 2.7g Protein 4g. Fat 15.5g

Ewelina's recipe with preparation and instructions can be found here


Enjoy ...

All the best Jan

25 comments:

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Tem um aspecto delicioso.
Um abraço e boa semana.
Andarilhar || Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa || Livros-Autografados

Lowcarb team member said...

Francisco translation:
It looks delicious.
A hug and a good week.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

All you have to do is to mention CHEESECAKE and you have my attention.. That is always a favorite dessert of mine... My problem is wanting to eat too much of it at one time!!!!! ha ha

Thanks so much for the recipe.
Hugs,
Betsy

Adam said...

looks nice

Connie said...

Looks like a perfect dessert for Valentine's Day :)

Tom said...

...I'd like one please.

Christine said...

now I feel like dessert!

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Oh - yum!

Bob Bushell said...

Yummy, I guess that I would love to eat some of those, they look so delicate, yummycoo.

Linda said...

This looks so amazing, Jan! Thank you so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jan, this looks delicious and I LOVE cranberries!...:)JP

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh that looks so yummy!

DeniseinVA said...

These must taste great but they are a very pretty presentation. Thanks Jan :)

Margaret D said...

They look good, bet they are too.

Martha said...

I'll take one! Looks so delicious.

Dewena said...

That must be the real test of low carb cooking, if people love the cooking even if they don't know it's healthy.

Yum! And thank you, Jan, for wishing you could make me a welcome home cake! I had a big smile on my face reading that!

Conniecrafter said...

mmm, that does sound good!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful and oh-so-tasty treat just in time for Valentine's Day. Thank you, dear Jan, for sharing!

Hugs and joy!

riitta k said...

Looking so delicious & yummy!

Helen Howes said...

What no tails?

The Happy Whisk said...

OMG. Those looks so cute.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Very yum 😊😊

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Helen ... what no tails LOL!
But thanks I've since edited the post and made mouse a mousse... so much better,

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

I want this now! LOL!

Lisa said...

Another cheesecake recipe, always a delight to see and to try and imagine eating!
Lisa x