Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 February 2017

Lamb Chops with a Carrot and Tarragon Mash


A most colourful plate of food - this carrot and tarragon mash is vibrant in both colour and flavour and complements the hearty mustard-coated lamb chops well. A plateful of colour for a grey and dismal day, well it's tasty on any day, no matter what the weather!

Ingredients:
Serves Four
750g (1 1/2lb) carrots, chopped into 2.5cm (1in) pieces
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 tsp for frying
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
8 lamb chops
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
balsamic vinegar, to serve

Method:

Cook the carrots in a pan of boiling water for 15 minutes, or until softened; drain. Tip the carrots back into the pan and return to the cooling hob to dry.

Add 1 tbsp oil, the butter and 1 tbsp tarragon to the pan; season well. Crush with a masher, then cover to keep warm.

Meanwhile, rub the chops with the mustard and scatter over the remaining tarragon. Brush a griddle or frying pan with 1 tsp oil and put over a medium-high heat, until hot.

Fry the chops for 5-7 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Serve with the mashed carrots and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

Each serving:
Carbohydrate 15.6g Protein 26g Fibre 7.4g Fat 39.6g

Recipe idea from here

We bring a variety of articles, studies etc. plus recent news/views and recipe ideas to this blog, we hope something for everyone to read and enjoy. Please note, not all may be suitable for you.
If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.



All the best Jan

16 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

The carrot and tarragon mash looks very tasty. I don't eat meat though so I'd leave the chop!

NatureFootstep said...

looks delishious!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like a delicious meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

Tom said...

...colorful.

Christine said...

Looks so good!

Jenn Jilks said...

That's lovely! Hubby cannot have dairy, but I could use marge!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Sue (this n that) said...

Oh lovely Jan... anything with Tarragon - it caught my eye! A nice idea to serve our daily carrots. Thank you :D)

happyone said...

I haven't had lamb chops in a long time. They sure look good.

Revrunner said...

I'm sure it tastes as delicious as it looks.

Kezzie said...

I have carrots AND tarragon! I shall try this! I WISH I could do the chops! But, it would just be me as my husband doesn't eat meat!!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh I do like the look of this. Looks delicious, thanks again Jan.

Debbie said...

Looks very yummy!! My mom cooked lamb a lot, but I don't!!

The Happy Whisk said...

Lovely. At the suggestion of a good friend, I started using tarragon. I'm enjoying it.

Happy New Week.

Lisa said...

I may give this mash a go on my lot, I reckon they'd give it a go.
Thanks for sharing.
Lisa x

Ela said...

It looks like a very delicious meal !
Greetings

Lisabella Russo said...

The carrot and tarragon mash sounds yummy...