Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 February 2017

This Weekend Why Not Throw out the Bread !

What did Jan say? Did she say 'Throw Out The Bread'? Yes, she (I) did - because guess what, in this dish - you can replace it with Cauliflower!

Honestly, it really works well and is so much lower in carbs ... and if you are diabetic does not raise those blood sugar levels as much - just see what your meter tells you!

Cauliflower ‘toast’ topped with avocado mash, smoked salmon and the perfect poached egg, tastes so good and makes a wonderful LCHF weekend breakfast or lunch.


This recipe uses the humble cauliflower in replacement of toast and honestly it works amazingly as a low carb replacement to bread. You finish feeling satisfied and you honestly don’t miss the bread at all. It’s seriously scrummy and makes a perfect lunch, weeknight supper, or one super breakfast! Or if you are feeling sleepy how about brunch ... well as I post this it is the weekend, and you may have enjoyed a lie in!

To feed two people you will need:
1/2 cauliflower,
4 slices smoked salmon
1 avocado, make sure it is good and ripe
2 eggs
salt, pepper
olive oil
sprinkle of turmeric, pinch of cumin

Start By:
Preheating your oven to 190C
Then take your cauliflower and pull off all his outer leaves."

Next you need to go over to Margie's site and read her instructions
here
She has a great way of writing and a very clear step by step guide.

Now as it's the weekend, I wonder, will you be shopping, seeing family / friends, catching up with housework, or just putting your feet up and chilling with a good book or listening to music.

image from here
Whatever your weekend plans, I wish you a good one
All the best Jan

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I occasionally enjoy a slice of bread. This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

only slightly confused said...

Threw out the bread a year and a month ago....hard at first...no problem now. I don't believe in substitutions......if you give up bread you give up bread.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Definitely trying this one Jan. I threw away the bread this morning too, had a delicious omelette when we went out for breakfast.. just wait until you see what Aimee had for her birthday breakfast when I show it on Monday, oh la! Good thing it's only once a year 😊😊

Christine said...

Looks so good!

Connie said...

I haven't thrown it out . . . but I have limited it from what I used to eat. Now I purchase high fiber flat bread when I want a sandwich. Baby steps :)
Have a sweet weekend.
Connie :)

sage said...

This looks good and I am finding lots of new ways to use (and enjoy) cauliflower. I will have to try this recipe

Sandra Cox said...

That cauliflower bread sounds so yummy.
You always find the best recipes.
Have a pleasant, productive weekend.

Debbie said...

cauliflower - everyone is using it everywhere and it works really well!! this sounds delish!!!!

Anonymous said...

I do eat bread, but sparingly. Interesting though, I saw a recipe today that substitutes cauliflower for the chicken to make...are you ready?...buffalo cauliflower rather than buffalo chicken wings!!!...:)JP

Anonymous said...

And whilst throwing out the bread why not have a read of the "Gibney on food" blog.

Martha said...

Very yummy!

Bob Bushell said...

Lovely Jan, I do approve it, even the salmon.

Magic Love Crow said...

Yummy! Mom and I are making this one! Thank you!!! Mom's favourite is salmon and poached egg!

Lisabella Russo said...

This looks like a fun bread substitute!