Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 June 2017

Chocolate Cakes Can Be So Yummy !


Some recent fun with our youngest grand-daughter, who is such a sweetheart, but how she got so messy eating a delicious chocolate cake we didn't like to ask - but it was a hot day - so I think the chocolate was quite soft! LOL!

This time of year there are school fairs and fund-raisers galore and she bought hers from a PTA cake stall raising money for her school, so it was for a good cause.

"Grandma have you got some wet-wipes please" LOL!

If you may be looking for a Chocolate Heaven Cake this could just fit the bill!


As low carb friend Libby says, "this is now my go to cake. It has to be the best low carb chocolate cake out there. It’s so easy to make and so rich, with the texture being more like a rich chocolate truffle.

Because my ‘best low carb chocolate cake’ is wheat free, gluten free, grain free, no added sugar and nut free, I make it every time for my children's birthday parties. And because it is so rich, the adults eat it too (with a good coffee). I love this Chocolate Heaven Cake, and I must say it is the first thing I want to make if I have chocolate in the house.

It can be made as a cake then sliced, served with berries and whipped cream. Or bake in a square dish then cut into tasting squares and top each piece off with a fresh berry. This is a easy idea to take as finger food to share with friends
.

INGREDIENTS:
Serves 15
300g dark 75% chocolate
175g butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
6 eggs
6 tbs double (heavy) cream
4 tsp granulated stevia (optional)


INSTRUCTIONS:
Melt the chocolate and butter together over a low heat in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the vanilla extract.
In another bowl beat the eggs, cream and stevia together for 3-4 minutes (use a stick blender or hand whisk). It will go frothy and remain runny.
Slowly add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture in the saucepan, stirring all the time. As you add more egg mixture, the chocolate and butter will thicken to the consistency of custard.
Pour into a prepared tin. Grease a loose bottom cake tin with butter then line the loose bottom with baking paper and push through the outer ring so the baking paper adds a seal and stops the cake mixture from leaking.
Bake at 180C for approx 40 minutes."
Thanks again to Libby at 'Ditch The Carbs' blog for another gorgeous recipe.
Do hop across, using the green link, to see more.

All the best Jan

25 comments:

only slightly confused said...

Who couldn't love a chocolate face like that?

Blogoratti said...

Haven't had one in a while, thanks for sharing the recipe. Greetings to you.

Mac n' Janet said...

Looks delicious and fairly easy to make, love chocolate.

Snowbird said...

Awwwww....just love your little angel, what a priceless photo!xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the sound of this one! Great photo of your little granddaughter, what a Sweetie! Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...she wears her chocolate well.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh how precious! She is a little darling Jan, and a child needs to have an adorable messy face a few times in their life. After all, there is always grandma to come to the rescue :) And oh my goodness, what a delicious recipe. Chocolate Cake is my undoing. I broke down last time I went to the grocery store, and bought myself a slice. Hubs does not like chocolatey things, and I try to stay away from them most of the time but once in a while.....well :)

Anonymous said...

She is just precious. I love this picture. xoxo

Lorrie said...

That's a treasure of a photo of your granddaughter! I do love flourless chocolate cake!

happyone said...

She sure enjoyed that cake. Wonderful photo.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

What a darling little sweetie, Jan! The chocolate dessert sure looks delicious. Have a wonderful day. ♥

Linda said...

I absolutely love this picture, Jan!

Martha said...

Aw, your grand-daughter is adorable! And everyone - no matter the age - should have a chocolate face like that :)

Bob Bushell said...

Yuk, what a girlie, but, I love chocolate cake.

Jo said...

Is this the granddaughter who's the ballet dancer? You wouldn't think the angelic face we've seen in past photos could be so cheeky. Fab photo. I've been considering making a chocolate cake this weekend ready for Father's Day, I think you've just given me all the encouragement I need.

handmade by amalia said...

What an adorable little granddaughter you have there, Jan. Getting messy is the best part!
Amalia
xo

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Um doce sorriso.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

Lowcarb team member said...

Francisco translation:
A sweet smile.
A hug and good weekend.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for all of your comments here. It really is so lovely to receive, read and share them, they are appreciated.

Jo asked, "Is this the granddaughter who's the ballet dancer?"
Yes it is, and I can't believe it was back in 2015 that I first posted her ballet pictures ... for those who may not have seen the 'ballet post' it's here.
http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/our-youngest-low-carb-star-wows-audience.html

All the best Jan

Sami said...

Sweet granddaughter Jan.
I love chocolate cake, so I've copied the recipe to make one of these weekends.

Lisa said...

Oh my word, what a cutie, such a happy chocolately face!
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Jan, I appreciate your kind comment just now. John and I both are not doing well and I think the new posting schedule for me will make life a little easier for me. I always appreciate your visits and sweet comments and look forward to all that you share.
All the best to you and yours this weekend.

Jimmy said...

I love chocolate cake and from the look on your granddaughters face she does too, such a cutie you have there Jan.

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh that looks so yummy! Your granddaughter looks so sweet...

Magic Love Crow said...

Love the photo of your grand-daughter! Yummy recipe! Thank you!