Total Pageviews

Friday 2 June 2017

Cod with Olives and Boursin Cheese : LCHF



For some reason, I seem to have posted quite a few fish dishes recently, and here is another one! Perhaps it was the sea air we enjoyed at the beginning of the week, or maybe it was Eddie talking about going fishing...

Whatever the reason, we do enjoy fish and I know many readers do to, and quite honestly is there ever such a thing as having too many recipe ideas? No, of course not. The other great thing about this recipe is that it only has 0.8g of carbs per serving - how about that!

Ingredients:
(serves one)
1 level tbsp. of Boursin cheese
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
½ shallot, finely chopped
100g cod fillet  *
50g green olives, stoned and sliced
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
fresh thyme for garnish

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl.
2. Mix shallots and olives together in a small bowl. Combine with the Boursin cheese.
3. Fold 1 (8"by 8") piece of non-stick baking paper, or tin foil in half to form a loose parcel.
4. Place the cod fillet into the parcel and add the lemon and olive oil followed by the shallot and olives and Boursin cheese. Place non-stick baking paper parcel on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, until the paper has puffed up.
5. The cod should be opaque and flake easily in the centre. If it is not fully cooked, bake an additional 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately.

* you could use coley if preferred

Each serving:
Carbohydrate 0.8g Protein 28.9g Fibre 1.7g Fat 27.0g
From an original Tesco real food recipe here

How about a nice bowl of strawberries and double cream for dessert?


Bon Appetit

All the best Jan


16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds great. I always love fish, I have some salmon for my dinner today. Hugs, Valerie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We eat fish at least once a week but usually just have it prepared simply with fresh lemon juice squeezed on top. I've never tried this cheese but it would make a nice change! Thanks!

Linda said...

I don't like olives, Jan, but I love Boursin cheese and fish, and this looks lovely!

Gloria Baker said...

We love fish Jan. Absolutely love this plate!

Elephant's Child said...

It has the added bonus of being a simple recipe to prepare.

happyone said...

Oh yes, I'll take some of those strawberries. : )

Tom said...

...fancy eats.

Martha said...

Good stuff as usual at your place. Yummy!

DeniseinVA said...

We ate cod two nights ago and this is another recipe I would like to try. Thank you Jan :)

Bob Bushell said...

Ooh, not for me, I can't stand olives, I love them in oil, but I find them as olives whole.

Phil Slade said...

Now I really fancy that. Trouble is Sue doesn't like olives, even less so if they are cooked. Have to give it a miss - sorry Eddie.

Anonymous said...

John's dr. contacted him by mail that he should go on insulin. We are determined not to do that. I am making notes of your many wonderful/healthy recipes for him. He does love fish.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Cod, olives and cheese - now there's a combination I could get to like in a hurry!

NCmountainwoman said...

Can't have too many fish recipes. And this one seems perfect for summer. Our strawberries are ripe right now so I can also enjoy them with cream for dessert.

Lisabella Russo said...

The strawberries look delicious!

Magic Love Crow said...

I'll have it all!! Yummy! Thanks Jan! Big Hugs!