1/2 head cauliflower, broken into florets
1/2 cup cashew nuts, soaked overnight
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp turmeric (If you don't have any turmeric, a little Moroccan spice mix works well)
1 tbsp. coconut oil, plus a little extra
1/2 cup vegetable broth
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
Pinch of Salt
2. In a small pot on a medium heat, sauté the onion, and garlic in the coconut oil until golden brown.
3. Add the vegetable broth, turmeric and salt, allow to simmer on a low heat. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. In a blender, add the cashew nuts, nutritional yeast and vegetable broth mix.
5. Blend until smooth and creamy then pour this mixture over the top of your cauliflower in the baking dish, spreading evenly.
6. Grill for 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Please see Rachel's original recipe here
You may also like to see this LCHF Cauliflower Cheese recipe, it's made using double cream and cheese, and is delicious - recipe suggestion here
A variety of recipe ideas are within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan