Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 October 2017

Cauliflower Bake : Vegan Style Recipe


Rachel Morrow says ... 'Cauliflower has been one of her favourite vegetables to recreate into new dishes over and over again! It's amazing what you can do with this humble vegetable that too often gets neglected in the bottom of the vegetable drawer.' You may wish to try this vegan style cauliflower bake recipe ...

INGREDIENTS
1/2 head cauliflower, broken into florets
1/2 cup cashew nuts, soaked overnight
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp turmeric (If you don't have any turmeric, a little Moroccan spice mix works well)
1 tbsp. coconut oil, plus a little extra
1/2 cup vegetable broth
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
Pinch of Salt


METHOD
1. Lightly steam your cauliflower and then place into a baking dish.
2. In a small pot on a medium heat, sauté the onion, and garlic in the coconut oil until golden brown.
3. Add the vegetable broth, turmeric and salt, allow to simmer on a low heat. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. In a blender, add the cashew nuts, nutritional yeast and vegetable broth mix.
5. Blend until smooth and creamy then pour this mixture over the top of your cauliflower in the baking dish, spreading evenly.
6. Grill for 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown.


Please see Rachel's original recipe here
For help with weight and measurement conversion see here

You may also like to see this LCHF Cauliflower Cheese recipe, it's made using double cream and cheese, and is delicious - recipe suggestion here

A variety of recipe ideas are within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

29 comments:

Tom said...

...looks interesting.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

Jules said...

Sounds delicious. I am guilty of not cooking with cauliflower very often, yet I love it. X

Martha said...

This sounds wonderful. It's been quite a long time since I've had cauliflower, so I should give it a go soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi - just started looking at your blog. What a large choice of recipes.
Will try this vegan style suggestion and the LCHF one too.

Thanks
Claire

Miss Val's Creations said...

This looks and sounds yummy! I just bought a big head of cauliflower yesterday and have all the other ingredients. The plan was to roast it but I think I will try this recipe instead!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks delicious. Another great recipe, thanks for sharing.

Happy weekend to you!

Ygraine said...

I love cauliflower and I usually have it either just plain boiled, or else in cauliflower cheese...but this looks so tasty that I will try it instead.
I somehow think it will be my new favourite!:))
Thank you so much.

A Hug.

Mac n' Janet said...

This sounded so good I copied it immediately, I love cauliflower

Carol Blackburn said...

Ummm, cauliflower has turned out to be quite a surprise for me. I love making cauliflower fried rice. A casserole would be nice to use the oven and heat up the kitchen a bit. A must try............ Thanks.

DMS said...

This sounds like a winner to me. Definitely have to give it a try! Thanks so much for the recipe. :)
~Jess

Catarina said...

I have all the ingredients today, except one, which I can do without. Great idea for dinner!
Thank you!
: )

Alex (The Vegan Travel Bug) said...

Did you say vegan? Perfect for me! 😊 Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Snowbird said...

That sounds delicious, I have some cauli in so that's me sorted for tea today!xxx

handmade by amalia said...

I make a lot of cauliflower dishes but this one sounds different and interesting. Pinned.
Amalia
xo

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Yup, this one is going on the menu soon, thanks Jan ☺

William Kendall said...

I've had cauliflower quite often, but not like this.

Mary Kirkland said...

I love to try new dishes with cauliflower.

Bill said...

I love cauliflower and will have to try this. Sounds wonderful.

Caroline Gill said...

This looks wonderful, Jan. I adore cashew nuts... Thank you for your kind comment on my latest blog post.

Elephant's Child said...

Yum. I am a big cauliflower fan here. Thank you.

Sandra Cox said...

OMG, this looks wonderful. Thank you, thank you!
Have a glorious weekend.

Jo said...

I love cauliflower but it's a veg we don't eat all that often, this looks lovely.

happyone said...

Yummy, I really like cauliflower.

Lisabella Russo said...

That looks so very yummy, thank you!

sheila 77 said...

That's a terrific sauce for the cauli, it's so nutritious.

Lisa said...

This would be great to try when my vegetarian sister in law visits.
Lisa x

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Cauliflower is a much underrated vegetable that can be used in so many ways. Any combination of cauliflower and cheese is a winner in my book.

Magic Love Crow said...

I have to admit, I don't like cauliflower cooked, but this sounds good!