Total Pageviews

Monday, 28 September 2026

A Sweet Trio of Autumn Scarecrows ... and some soup!

 

~ such a sweet trio ~
image seen here

Seeing the scarecrows orange pumpkin reminded me of this tasty soup.

Thai Pumpkin Soup
A low carb high fat Thai pumpkin soup for cooler days.
It’s dairy-free, too! See recipe here


You will find a variety of articles and recipe ideas within this blog and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use a reliable meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team.

All the best Jan

33 comments:

Mari said...

Those are cute scarecrows and a fun twist on pumpkin soup!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

The Autumn scarecrow trio are adorable, dear Jan! I have never tried pumpkin soup! Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend. Have a lovely week ahead!

HappyK said...

The scarecrows are so cute and the soup looks and sounds delicious.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This looks like a delicious soup! for the fall season, Jann.

Christine said...

Cute! The soup looks so comforting.

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Those are cute scarecrows, but your soup looks scrumptious!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Thai pumpkin soup sounds amazing and the scarecrows are so cute for fall.

Norma2 said...

Jan, totally agree with what you're saying, always check with the doctor before making any changes to your diet.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thai soup sounds interesting
Love the scarecrows
May

angela said...

Pumpkin soup is definitely one of autumn’s favourite meal.
As it’s spring here. I will have to actually plant the pumpkins very soon, so that I can have it in the autumn

Luiz Gomes said...

Bom dia Jan. O Parque Estadual dos três picos é maravilhoso. Confesso que tem muito tempo, que não provo uma sopa de abóbora. Uma excelente manhã de terça-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no Reino Unido e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

J.P. Alexander said...

Bellas brujitas. gracias por la receta. Buena semana. Te mando un beso.

chica said...

Ótima essa sopa e as bruxinhss um amor!😘😘chica

Tom said...

...autumn is great soup season.

Granny Marigold said...

A trio of adorable scarecrows!!!

River said...

The soup looks good but I will stick with my pumpkin/sweet potato soup. I know what my stomach likes and it doesn't like curry.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I love Thai food, and the pumpkin soup sounds perfect for this time of year. The scarecrows are adorable! Fall blessings to you Jan!

Chatty Crone said...

I love the scarecrows - ready for fall.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Those three scarecrows are so cute!!! I haven't made pumpkin soup Thai-style yet, either! Wishing you a wonderful day,hugs, Elke.

Laura. M said...

Graciosa imagen. Me gusta la calabaza, la utilizo mucho en pures. Gracias Jan.
Buena semana para todos.
Un abrazo.

Giorgio said...

I love that soup typical of Autumn.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I always enjoy a pumpkin soup and those scarecrows are very cute

DeniseinVA said...

Thanks so much for sharing my post with the scarecrows :) Your soup looks delicious! All the best Jan, Denise

Iris Flavia said...

The soup looks warming, will show Ingo. He loves pumpkins.

Donna said...

Cute scarecrows! Thanks for the recipe!
hugs
Donna

Margaret D said...

Looks lovely the soup and the scarecrow are nice ones, Jan.

Bijoux said...

That looks really good.

My name is Erika. said...

Those scarecrows are adorable. And yesterday it was cold enough for soup. We had lasagna instead, which was also quite warming.

DVArtist said...

These are adorable. I need to make some pumpkin soup. Have a nice day today.

Alexandra said...

OK another soup I need to try! I have a little scarecrow I need to dig out of the basement! Yours are cute!

an artist reflects said...

Adorable scarecrows and yummy looking soup ~ Hugs ^_^

Lowcarb team member said...

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Luiz Gomes
Bom dia Jan. O Parque Estadual dos três picos é maravilhoso. Confesso que tem muito tempo, que não provo uma sopa de abóbora. Uma excelente manhã de terça-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no Reino Unido e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

Good morning, Jan. Três Picos State Park is wonderful. I have to admit, it’s been a long time since I’ve had pumpkin soup. Wishing you and all your family in the UK an excellent Tuesday morning—and a big hug from your friend in Rio.

J.P. Alexander
Bellas brujitas. gracias por la receta. Buena semana. Te mando un beso

Lovely witches, thanks for the recipe. Have a great week. Sending you a kiss.

chica
Ótima essa sopa e as bruxinhss um amor!😘😘chica

This soup is great, and the little witches are adorable! 😘😘 Chica

Laura. M
Graciosa imagen. Me gusta la calabaza, la utilizo mucho en pures. Gracias Jan.
Buena semana para todos.
Un abrazo.

Amusing image. I like pumpkin; I use it a lot in purées. Thanks, Jan.
Have a good week, everyone.
Best regards.

Mary Kirkland said...

The scarecrows are so cute.