Serves Six
1 small butternut squash, about 750g/1lb 10oz
2 red onions, sliced into rings
2 apples, unpeeled, cored and sliced
12 pork sausages - or sausages of your choice
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp English mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper
15g/½oz fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish (optional)
Method
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
2. Cut the squash into quarters and leave it unpeeled. Remove the seeds then cut each quarter into 5mm/¼in slices.
3. Place the squash a very large baking tray with the onion, apple and sausages. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together the honey, mustard and remaining oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over the sausages and vegetables and turn to coat everything in the dressing.
5. Return to the oven for 10 minutes until the sausages are browned and cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle over the parsley, if using, and serve.
Tips
1 small butternut squash, about 750g/1lb 10oz
2 red onions, sliced into rings
2 apples, unpeeled, cored and sliced
12 pork sausages - or sausages of your choice
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp English mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper
15g/½oz fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped, to garnish (optional)
Method
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
2. Cut the squash into quarters and leave it unpeeled. Remove the seeds then cut each quarter into 5mm/¼in slices.
3. Place the squash a very large baking tray with the onion, apple and sausages. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together the honey, mustard and remaining oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over the sausages and vegetables and turn to coat everything in the dressing.
5. Return to the oven for 10 minutes until the sausages are browned and cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle over the parsley, if using, and serve.
Tips
i) If you don’t have a large enough baking tray, spread the ingredients out on two trays so they have space to roast and don’t end up steaming.
ii) Serve with extra greens on the side to bulk this out further.
From an idea seen here
There are a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic (more about this here) and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use a reliable meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team
All the best Jan
ii) Serve with extra greens on the side to bulk this out further.
From an idea seen here
~ wishing you happy Autumn days ~
There are a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic (more about this here) and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use a reliable meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team
All the best Jan


25 comments:
Delicious!
Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.
I am trying this one soon!
I have a similar recipe but not with apple and that sounds really good!
Oh yum. Butternut squash is a staple around here in the fall. This looks so good.
I can just make the recipe and leave out the sausages!
A very satisfying and delicious meal!
I can see plums in this as well.
That’s a hearty, delicious meal!
Looks delicious and I like the ingredients, Jan.
That sounds very tasty, definitely something I'd enjoy, and I love traybakes, they're so easy and minimal washing up to do afterwards.
that looks superb!
I see this recipe as being a healthy, delicious, satisfying meal! Thank You for sharing it, I just saved it with hopes it will be a favourite!
...a fabulous autumn dinner!
Saving this one! Thanks for sharing
I love fall dishes like this.
That looks fab. I'm a bit fed up with menu planning at the moment. Thank you for taking the time to post.
This looks so good. I would try this.
That looks yummy.
This looks so delicious, dear Jan!
That looks scrumptious!
That looks SUPER good!
This sounds wonderful and I could make it using vegan sausage from Impossible Burger. Yum.
It looks tasty.
No sé si me gustaría. Besos.
Post a Comment