Just 2g net carbs per biscuit
2 large eggs room temperature
1/2 cup cottage cheese (4% milk fat)
1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to an 8 inch cast iron skillet and place in the oven while it preheats.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until combined and forms a dough.
3. Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to measure 6 mounds of dough. Once oven is preheated, remove skillet and place mounds in centre of the skillet, touching one another.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. I topped with a pat of butter over each roll and added back to the oven to melt butter for just a minute or two. The melted butter on top of a warm biscuit is perfection!
5. Store any leftover biscuits in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze between pieces of parchment paper in a zip-lock bag or freezer container for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating. To reheat from fridge, warm in microwave for 30 seconds then slice and toast or simply warm in toaster oven at 325 degrees for 5 minutes.
If you need help with weight/measurement conversion, see here
Air Fryer Option
Easy Air Fryer Low Carb/Keto Cheddar Cottage Cheese Biscuits.
See details here
Above image, recipe and more details can be seen here
You will find a variety of recipe ideas and articles within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. Always take account of your personal circumstances, needs, illnesses and medication you may be taking. Any allergies, or underlying health issues must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.
All the best Jan
2 large eggs room temperature
1/2 cup cottage cheese (4% milk fat)
1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to an 8 inch cast iron skillet and place in the oven while it preheats.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until combined and forms a dough.
3. Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to measure 6 mounds of dough. Once oven is preheated, remove skillet and place mounds in centre of the skillet, touching one another.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. I topped with a pat of butter over each roll and added back to the oven to melt butter for just a minute or two. The melted butter on top of a warm biscuit is perfection!
5. Store any leftover biscuits in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze between pieces of parchment paper in a zip-lock bag or freezer container for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating. To reheat from fridge, warm in microwave for 30 seconds then slice and toast or simply warm in toaster oven at 325 degrees for 5 minutes.
If you need help with weight/measurement conversion, see here
Can I bake these without a cast iron skillet?
Yes if you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can bake these low carb biscuits on a parchment paper lined large baking sheet pan or use a silicone mat on a baking sheet pan.
Yes if you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can bake these low carb biscuits on a parchment paper lined large baking sheet pan or use a silicone mat on a baking sheet pan.
Air Fryer Option
Easy Air Fryer Low Carb/Keto Cheddar Cottage Cheese Biscuits.
See details here
Above image, recipe and more details can be seen here
~ enjoy your September days ~
image from google
All the best Jan


29 comments:
That looks really good.
They look really good. It's surprising how people use cottage cheese and how good it is!
Yummy!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
What a wonderful treat these would be. Thank you for another lovely recipe Jan and always enjoy your flower images at the finish. Have a super Sunday and all the best,Denise :)
Gracias por la receta. Te deseo un buen fin de semana. Te mando un beso.
Maybe I will make them tomorrow after I buy some coconut flour. I think I will skip the onion and garlic powders.
Sounds delicious
My but those biscuits look good! And so do those lovely flowers.
...I would love these.
these look good, I buy low fat cottage cheese because my doctor has me eating low fat for my cholesterol, I wonder if that would be a problem with this recipe.
I love that these are savoury treats. YUM!
Exactly what I need right now
I was impressed the recipe called for cottage cheese. They look beautiful. I bet they tasted good, too.
These sound sooo good! I bet they'd be great served with soup. X
These are amazing cookies—the ingredients are so special!
Thanks for the recipe!
Have a lovely Sunday, hugs, Elke
They would be nice, Jan.
Hmmmm, the air fryer-version is in my bookmarks, thank you! Thanks to you and Jamie will alter it a bit, too - you sure taught me :-)
REPLY TO
Conniecrafter who said ...
these look good, I buy low fat cottage cheese because my doctor has me eating low fat for my cholesterol, I wonder if that would be a problem with this recipe.
Hello Connie
Thank you for your comment.
The recipe recommends the 4% milk/fat cottage cheese.
Not tried the lower fat cottage cheeses that are available.
With any recipe why not tweak it a little to suit your taste/needs and see what happens! If you do please come back and let me/us know in the comments.
Many thanks and ...
All the best Jan
Dear Jan!
The cookies look delicious. I’d really love to eat one.
Sending September greetings.
That’s a great recipe—I’m making a note of it. Due to gallbladder issues, I can’t eat sweets (or only very small amounts), so recipes like this should work well for me; I really do love sweets.
Best regards.
these sound good. Cottage cheese and mozzarella are a couple of cheeses I do eat.
very unique looking biscuits dear Jan ,look so delicious
sending heartfelt best wishes and prayers🙏❤️
Delicious looking. Yummy!
This sounds delicious 😋
Oh Jan. These sound so yummy. Have a grand one.
I have coconut flour, I will give these a try. Thank you
THose sound so tasty!
Look and sound good Jan.
Tina
Una receta muy interesante. Gracias y besos.
Post a Comment