Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 December 2013

The Leigh Costa story.


I'm a 43 year old wife and mother. I've battled with obesity since the age of seven. My highest recorded weight was 310 pounds. I began my lifestyle change in August 2011 at 297 pounds, and am currently at 158 pounds and have moved onto maintenance. I have become an avid runner, and was training for my first marathon but I broke my ankle at the beginning of September 2013. I am running again and am currently training for the Around the Bay 30K which happens in March 2014. I have embraced the Paleo lifestyle and know that in order to maintain my results, I must eat like this for the rest of my life. I'm okay with this decision because food is fuel for my body and I am only as good as my next healthy meal!

Leigh's blog is here.

All the best Jan

5 comments:

Leigh said...

This was a surprise! Thanks for this Jan and Eddie :)

Anonymous said...

Inspirational

Jean

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Leigh

As Jean also commented you are an inspiration. I'm sure other readers will also agree.

The change in health and fitness can be achieved but we must all take responsibility and do it and keep on doing it.

Our life, our families deserve the best we can do and be.

Keep going, keep positive

All the best Jan

Lynda said...

Leigh is a star!!!!! I love how she made the transition to paleo and maintains her weight so well. People say it can't be done - well it can and people are doing this more and more thanks to low carb living.

Evangelist Whitty said...

I want to lose 20-30 lbs so that I won't become obese like other family members