Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 March 2014

Cheese and Biscuits Anyone?

You just can’t beat that crisp bite of a hard biscuit with a lovely tasting cheese. Either as a snack or as an after dinner dish.
 
Our local supermarket had Boursin Cheese on their special offer deal ‘buy one - get one free’ …well regular readers know I just love those sorts of deals.
 
We bought Boursin with herbs and Boursin with Black Pepper. The one with herbs was pleasant, the one with black pepper SUPERB ! In fact it tasted so good we just had to photograph it.. alas the box is now empty !
 
We enjoyed a couple of melba toast each with a smothering of the cheese, these particular toasts are 2.5g carb per biscuit … so well within our LCHF menu plan.
 
Of course keeping a packet of these melba toast in your cupboard is handy but you could always make your own ‘flaxseed crisp breads’ see recipe here.


 
All the best Jan

9 comments:

HappinessSavouredHot (Julie Saint-Mleux) said...

Oh yum, I love cheese and crackers! Or even better, cheese and baguette. Must be the Frenchwoman in me. ;-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Cheese....Blue, red, yellow, white...any colour. Hard, soft, with or without holes ;), is my MOST favourite food. If I was doing a Desert Island Disc, I'd have to have cheese as my luxury item...or I wouldn't go!!

Geri :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Low carb and around seven times the calcium of whole milk by weight. Good for our bones eh. I think LOL.

But it will probably kill us according to some Ha Ha.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

in that case Eddie, I shall die a happy woman! ;)

Geri :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Lowcarb team member said...

Cheese....Blue, red, yellow, white...any colour. Hard, soft, with or without holes ;), is my MOST favourite food. If I was doing a Desert Island Disc, I'd have to have cheese as my luxury item...or I wouldn't go!!

I'm sure you will appreciate a quote that used to be in Dillingers signature Geri.

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Cheers
Graham

Lowcarb team member said...

"Blessed are the cheese makers"

I really like that, lol. Thanks Graham :)

Best wishes.
Geri :)

Thommothebear said...

As it happens Mrs Bear and I both adore Boursin, but we like crackers with it and I cant really otlerate the wheat based ones any more. I tried your flax crackers this evening meaning to eat them entirely myself, however Mrs Bear got a whiff, had a taste and then nicked half of it herself, despite the fact she isnt diabetic and is not keen on my low carbing. Going to have to make double quantities in future I think. Bloody delicious they were!

Anonymous said...

More snacks for those who never get hungry between meals?

Lowcarb team member said...

"More snacks for those who never get hungry between meals?"

We sometimes finish a meal with cheese and biscuits, as described low carb. I expect you finish up with rice pudding and shoot up ten units of insulin.

Eddie