His Hba1c was 4.8. His best result ever. Best result ever in the clinic.
Here are my secrets for achieving good blood glucose control.
- Do your own research every day. Find out the facts. Read scientific articles. Question the "kids need carbs" mantra.
- Do not eat the mainstream diabetes diet.
- eat a low carb high healthy fat diet. Never eat wheat and grains which are known causes of autoimmune disease, inflammation and so many modern chronic diseases.
- experiment with insulin basal and bolusing, making small changes each time until you work out the optimum levels. Record all your changes so you can find a pattern.
- Exercise regularly
- Test blood continuously throughout the day and night. Correct all levels which are above your target. I aim for 4.4 mmol. I get up during the night to test my son's blood."