Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 April 2018

Baked Apples : Low Carb


Anne Aobadia at Diet Doctor site says:
"Smells like apple pie... tastes like a dream. This easy take on low carb baked apples comes together in no-time. Don't forget the luscious finishing touch—a dollop of whipped cream"

Ingredients:
Four Servings
7g carb per serving
2 oz. / 50g butter, at room temperature
1 oz. / 30g pecans or walnuts
4 tablespoons coconut flour
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tart/sour apple
For serving
¾ cup / 175ml heavy/double whipping cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Note:
These baked apples can be served with whipped cream, full-fat crème fraiche, mascarpone, or a slice of cheddar. If you’re allergic to nuts you can simply exclude them or substitute sunflower or sesame seeds to keep the crunch.

Please see cooking instructions here

Did you know ... Cinnamon is a popular spice often associated with baked treats, cereals and smoothies. However, you may not have considered that the teaspoon of cinnamon that you add to your baked treats may be doing you more good than you realized. Studies have shown that cinnamon could assist with boosting brain function, fighting cancer, aiding in digestion, supporting weight loss and fighting diabetes.

Incorporate cinnamon into your life by:
Adding a cinnamon quill into your morning tea, sprinkling half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon onto your homemade granola or adding a sprinkle of cinnamon into your next bowl of breakfast oatmeal.

It also adds flavour to the recipe featured above ...

All the best Jan

40 comments:

Tom said...

...always a treat.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This sounds wonderful and fits my lifestyle, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Jan.

Sami said...

Much nicer than the plain baked apple. I'll have to try this one, thanks Jan.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, apples and cinnamon are two of my favorite things. The smell of baked apples is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Cheryl said...

Delicious recipe.
I love the combinations.
Cinnamon is an absolute favourite of mine.

I have coconut milk with a sprinkling of turmeric and cinnamon before I go to bed.
Always sleep well.

Jo said...

It looks delicious though I'm not a lover of cinnamon so I'd have to leave that out.

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful and delicious treat!

William Kendall said...

That sounds good!

Lisa said...

I love the smell of cinnamon but a friend of mine can't bear it. I have to tey and remember that come Christmas time and not having scented candles when she visits!
Lisa x

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm sure I could smell this while reading, so yummy. Hugs, Valerie

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Me gusta el sabor de la tarta de manzana, muchas veces la he pedido como postre cuando he comido fuera de casa.

Besos

Elephant's Child said...

Cinnamon in a bake is one of the most comforting smells I can think of.

Chris Lally said...

Sounds like a great recipe. I will definitely try it.
A friend suggested sprinkling cinnamon on coffee grounds just prior to turning on the coffee maker. It's really good.

Blue Grumpster said...

Served with whipped cream
Sounds like a dream.

Too bad I'm on a strict diet... :)

Blue

Anonymous said...

This looks so good and we will love it. A former neighbor shared with me once about the benefits of cinnamon, also.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Oh wow, does this sound delicious. Cinnamon is so tasty and one of my favorite things in baked goods. I've read about the benefits of using it and love knowing that! Have a wonderful evening. ♥

DeniseinVA said...

You share the lovliest recipes Jan, thank you for another winner.

Christine said...

Oh yummy!

Mary Kirkland said...

That looks good. Definitely different than the way I've been doing it. Looking forward to trying this.

sandy said...

wow, looks SO good! thanks for the link

Martha said...

So yummy! Baked apples are delicious. And the house smell really good when you're making thema!

happyone said...

Yummy, sure looks delicious.

Sandi said...

Mmm!

Carla from The River said...

I am a fan of cinnamon. I did not know about all the benefits. Thank You!

The Happy Whisk said...

Love me some apples!

Margaret D said...

Looking good and I bet they taste good.

Lady Fi said...

Mmm - delicious!

Romance Reader said...

Looks and sounds so yum! Thanks for the recipe!

Bob Bushell said...

I love them, they are worth for scrumping.

Anonymous said...

Must get some coconut flour and give this a try.

Tina

Iris Flavia said...

I´ll keep this one in mind!

Pam said...

Oh yum...that looks and sounds great.

carol l mckenna said...

what a delish idea!

Happy Weekend to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

carol l mckenna said...

Another goodie!

Happy Weekend to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Debbie said...

what a great idea and topped with mascarpone, oh that would be awesome!!!

Lisabella Russo said...

That looks very yummy! Thanks for the information on cinnamon. I love that spice.

Carol Blackburn said...

Apple crisp was one of my favorite desserts before going Keto. I could still eat this on occasion now that I am maintaining and not losing weight. I saw a recipe the other day for mock apple crisp using zucchini for apples and I'm intrigued by that idea. Just not sure I want to attempt it. LOL It would take a lot of flavor to make me think zucchini is apple. Hmmm. Have a great weekend.

Magic Love Crow said...

Thank you!!! Sounds so good! Big Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

MMMm that sounds delicious, going to give this a try

Snowbird said...

I swear I can smell them from here, delightful.xxx