Serves 4 - 6
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 medium sticks celery, finely chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
3 fat garlic cloves, chopped
6 cooking chorizo sausages (about 400g)
6 pork sausages (about 400g)
1½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp. dried thyme
125ml white wine
2 x 400g tins cherry tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 chicken stock cube
1 x 400g tin aduki beans, drained and rinsed
1 bunch chives (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the celery and peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes.
2. Add the sausages and fry the sausages for 5 minutes, then stir in the garlic, spices and dried thyme and continue cooking for 1 – 2 minutes or until the aromas are released.
3. Pour in the wine and use a wooden spoon to remove any residue stuck to the pan. Add the tinned tomatoes, and fresh thyme and bring to a simmer. Crumble in the stock cube and stir in.
4. Cook for 40 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook for a further five minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs, season with black pepper and serve.
From an original idea here
- This recipe can be adapted to a vegetarian meal ... using vegetarian sausages and vegetarian bacon in place of the chorizo.
- If you are allergic to wine (or do not drink it) it can be omitted from the recipe.
Please note, you will find a variety of recipes within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan