Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 April 2018

Pink Floyd - Two Suns In The Sunset

Saturday night is music night on this blog. After the madness of the last 24 hours, this seems appropriate. Eddie

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein






In my rear view mirror the sun is going down
Sinking behind bridges in the road
And I think of all the good things
That we have left undone
And I suffer premonitions
Confirm suspicions
Of the holocaust to come.
The wire that holds the cork
That keeps the anger in
Gives way
And suddenly it’s day again.
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done.
Two suns in the sunset
Hmm
Could be the human race is run.
Like the moment when the brakes lock
And you slide towards the big truck
“Oh no!”
“Daddy, Daddy!”
You stretch the frozen moments with your fear.
And you’ll never hear their voices
And you’ll never see their faces
You have no recourse to the law anymore.
And as the windshield melts
My tears evaporate
Leaving only charcoal to defend.
Finally I understand the feelings of the few.
Ashes and diamonds
Foe and friend
We were all equal in the end.
On the radio:
“And now the weather. Tomorrow will be cloudy with scattered showers
Spreading from the east with an expected high of 4000 degrees Celsius”

12 comments:

Sandi said...


"We were all equal in the end."

Yes...


On the radio:
“And now the weather. Tomorrow will be cloudy with scattered showers
Spreading from the east with an expected high of 4000 degrees Celsius”


Chilling...


Hoping cooler heads prevail these days.


Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

É sempre um prazer voltar a ouvir Pink Floyd.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

Anonymous said...

One of my husband's favorites!

Betty J. Crow said...

Love Pink Floyd!

Mary Kirkland said...

I've always liked Pink Floyd.

Sandy said...

How fitting!

Carla from The River said...

HUGE fan of Pink Floyd.

Debbie said...

LOVE!!! My era!!!

DMS said...

I love Pink Floyd. One of my all time favorites. :)
~Jess

NatureFootstep said...

I don´t remember this song. It was probably not much known in Sweden. I´t a good one!

Giga said...

I always liked them, and I like this song too. :)

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

My musical taste is very eclectic, and i LOVE Pink Floyd. :)