Total Pageviews

Friday 13 April 2018

Happy Birthday To You : Low Carb Birthday Cake


No, it isn't my birthday - but a friend of mine has hers soon! So this recipe suggestion from Maya at Wholesome Yum site couldn't come at a better time!

It's a gluten-free (Sugar-free, Low Carb, Keto) birthday cake recipe. It's rich and moist and no-one will guess it's low carb and sugar-free. It's easy to make with just ten ingredients!

Cake

1 cup Erythritol
3/4 cup Butter (softened)
8 large Eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
3 cups almond flour
1/2 cup Coconut flour
1 1/2 tbsp. Gluten-free baking powder

Cream cheese frosting
32 oz. Cream cheese (softened)
1/3 cup Butter (softened)
2/3 cup Powdered erythritol (adjust to taste; regular granulated *not* recommended)
1 tsp Vanilla extract

chopped pecans (optional) if desired to decorate.

For cooking instructions and full details please see here
If you need help with weight / measurement conversion this should help, see here

Please note, you will find a variety of recipes within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.


Have a lovely day
All the best Jan

30 comments:

Pam said...

Oh my....that looks so GOOD! I love cream cheese icing, but wait I love butter cream icing also. At least I did until I made my daughters wedding cake. Butter cream icing is great for just throwing on a cake but not a wedding cake. It wants to melt off! haha....thanks for sharing this yummy and thanks so much for the nice comment on the wedding pics. Glad my daughter is happy but glad the wedding is over!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Hello Jan, the cake looks and sounds wonderful. :)
Happy weekend! xx

DeniseinVA said...

What a lovely cake! I would be very happy to have this as my birthday cake. Thank you Jan, for this and also for the welcome back :)

Tom said...

...those birthdays keep on a coming!

Valerie-Jael said...

I think this cake would taste great on any day of the year. Hugs, Valerie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've never used these ingredients but it sure looks pretty and sounds good. I sometimes feel sorry for myself on special occasions when everyone else has cake and I don't. I'll have to see if these ingredients are available in my grocery store. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I will make sure to write this down,, my husbands birthday is coming!!

Christine said...

This looks so good!

Ygraine said...

Oh WOW!!
This stunning recipe could have been just for me!
Thank you so, so much for sharing...I will attempt to make one for my birthday on Monday!

Have a Super Weekend! :))

Catarina said...

It is 7:30am where I am today. I would have a piece of this cake this very moment even though I don't like sweets for breakfast.

It looks really, really scrumptious.

:)

Martha said...

What a wonderful cake this is!

William Kendall said...

It certainly looks delicious!

Betsy said...

I will definitely make this and maybe this week end. Looks so good.
betsy

Snowbird said...

What a handsome looking cake!xxx

Jo said...

It looks delicious and those chopped pecans on the top, yum yum.

Elephant's Child said...

It looks decadent and delightful.

Bob Bushell said...

Yummy yummy yummy.

sandy said...

wow looks delicious. If I didn't live so far from my sister I would bake one for her today!

Mary Kirkland said...

That looks really good too.

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh that looks so yummy, my mum has a birthday coming up. I may give this one a try, thank you!

Jenn Jilks said...

We often do crazy cake!! Lots of fun!

Merlesworld said...

It looks yummy.
Merle............

Conniecrafter said...

I made some cookies the other day using my almond flour and it tasted really nutty more than usual, I don't know if it is getting old or if I should have stored it in the fridge, I have never tried making a cake with it though.

handmade by amalia said...

This looks super tasty, Jan.
Amalia
xo

Lady Fi said...

Looks super delicious!

Lowcarb team member said...

Conniecrafter said:
"I made some cookies the other day using my almond flour and it tasted really nutty more than usual, I don't know if it is getting old or if I should have stored it in the fridge, I have never tried making a cake with it though."

Hello Connie, and thanks for your comment.

I found an interesting article called 'A Complete Guide to Storing your flour' which you (and other readers) may find helpful.

It starts, "A lot has changed in the world of flours since I was a child. The shelves that used to hold just all-purpose, bread, and cake flour are now groaning with flours milled from seeds, nuts, and grains. What's the best way to store all these flours, and how long do they last?"
Please continue to read more here
https://www.thekitchn.com/a-complete-guide-to-storing-your-flour-204729

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

looks so good, i love the nuts on top!!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh looks so yummy and delish! Great photo too!

Namaste,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Magic Love Crow said...

Thank you Jan!!! Much appreciated! Big Hugs!

DMS said...

This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the pictures and recipe. :)
~Jess