Fellow diabetic blogger Ewelina says "If you like coffee and chocolate you will love this beautiful, layered cake that imitates cappuccino. Chocolate cake combines nicely with coffee flavoured cream and a layer of whipped cream. The cake is very moist and rich. Tastes delicious with a cup of hot and strong coffee"
90g ground almond
30g soya flour
100g dark chocolate (Ewelina used Mernier dark chocolate)
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. bicarbonate soda
250g mascarpone cheese
200g whipping cream
4 tsp. instant coffee
3 tsp. powdered gelatine
4 tbsp. xylitol
250g whipping cream
1 tbsp. xylitol (or more if you wish)
1. Preheat oven to 170 C and line spring form tin with baking paper.
5. Sift the ground almond, soy flour, baking powder and soda and add to the mixture.
6. Beat the egg whites and mix very gently with the chocolate mixture.
7. Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes. Check with a skewer if the cake is baked (the skewer should come out clean). Let it cool down and cut in half lengthwise.
1. Dissolve gelatine in ¼ cup of hot water. Let it cool down slightly.
2. Dissolve coffee in one tablespoon of hot water and mix with mascarpone cheese.
3. Whip the cream and add Splenda together with dissolved gelatine mixing continuously.
4. Add the cream mixture to the mascarpone cream.
Whip the cream and add Splenda.
Assembly of the cake:
Spread the coffee cream on a layer of the chocolate cake. Cover with the second layer. Spread the whipped cream on top and sprinkle with cocoa powder or coffee.
The whole cake has 114g carb divided into 14 slices it is 8.1g carb
All the best Jan