3 large eggs
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
80 g xylitol
juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
grated zest of 1 orange
2 tsp baking powder
200 g almond flour
50 g slivered almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Grease and line the base of a deep springform cake tin, 20cm in diameter.
2. Place the eggs, olive oil, xylitol, juice and zest in a bowl and whisk until light and foamy, about 3–4 minutes.
3. Sift in the baking powder and almond flour and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and scatter the slivered almonds over the top.
4. Bake for 50–60 minutes, or until firm. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a rack and allowing to cool completely.
5. To serve: Serve sliced, dusted with xylitol icing mix
All the best Jan