Who needs frosting when you have a cake this perfect? Just a sprinkling of powdered sweetener is all this Keto/Low Carb Italian Cake needs!
This Low Carb Olive Oil Cake recipe makes 16 serves. 1 serving is 1 slice of cake, which has 2g net carbs.
Any leftover Keto Olive Oil Cake may be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months, and when needed defrost the cake overnight in the fridge.
Ingredients needed are:-
1 ounce (30g) of Coconut Flour
1 ½ teaspoons of Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
4 large Eggs
5 ounces (140g) of Natvia
2 Lemons, zest only
⅔ cup (5floz/150ml) of Mild Olive Oil
2 ounces (56g) of Unsalted Butter, melted
What you do is:-
3. Add the eggs, natvia and lemon zest into your stand mixer, whisk on high speed for 8 minutes, until pale and fluffy.
4. Add the flour mixture, followed by the oil and butter. Mix well.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the cake springs back when touched.
7. Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, before turning out onto a cooling rack.
8. Once cooled, serve sprinkled with Sukrin Melis.
If you'd like more guidance about low carb flours (which the recipe above uses) then Libby, at 'Ditch The Carbs' site has a very good article called, 'The Ultimate Guide To Low Carb Flours', find it here
So why not make yourself a nice cup of tea or coffee to go with a slice of cake and relax a while. You may also like to read a page or two of that book you are currently reading ...
All the best Jan