Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 October 2019

Tuesday Trio : Low Carb Recipe Suggestions (2)

It's Tuesday Trio Time
This weeks lower carb recipe suggestions are

Spiced Parsnip Soup with Coriander and Chilli Pesto
There aren't many things more comforting than a warming mug of creamy soup, and this recipe suggestion is perfect for Autumn, for Halloween, even for the 5th November Bonfire Night!

Ingredients
Serves Six
(11.7g Carbs per serving)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1kg (2lb) parsnips, chopped
1.5ltr (2 1/2pt) hot chicken stock
3 tbsp. soured cream
For the pesto
1 red chilli or dried chipotle chilli
50g (2oz) fresh coriander, leaves picked
15g (1/2oz) Parmesan, grated
4 tbsp. pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Instructions
can be seen here

Cheese Scones - these are low carb
could go nicely with soup!

Ingredients
3 cups of ground almonds
1 cup sharp (mature) cheddar cheese finely grated
1 tbsp. baking powder
a dash of cayenne
4 eggs whisked
4 tbsp. butter melted
ground sea salt
Instructions
can be seen here

Red Roasted Carrots
Somehow the colour is just right for Autumn, and they are simply delicious. 

Ingredients
half teaspoon each of
cinnamon, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and sea salt
5 or 6 diagonally (oval) cut carrots
1TBS olive oil and 1tsp sesame oil.
Instructions
can be seen here

I hope you've enjoyed this 'Tuesday Trio'. I wonder have you a favourite looking recipe out of these three? I could just enjoy a warming sip of soup right now!

Dear reader, you will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog. Please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

33 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I think all three sound delicious. Valerie

Tom said...

...those carrots are something to try.

Christine said...

Looks warming and delicious!

Elephant's Child said...

The Cheese scones have my vote this morning.

Catarina said...

I liked everything!!! But the scones caught my attention first!!

Snowbird said...

Wonderful, especially those roasted carrots, I shall give them a go tomorrow!xxx

William Kendall said...

I'd go for the carrots.

happyone said...

My mouth is watering for those carrots.
All the food looks delicious and I really like those mugs.

Lorrie said...

Those carrots do look delicious. All of these dishes appeal to me.

Rose said...

This blog always makes me hungry!

Martha said...

Wonderful recipes. I especially like the Red Roasted Carrots!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Notice more people doing roasted root veggies

Love Affair with Food said...

Wow! Looks so good!

stardust said...

All the dishes look so delicious but I’ll go for the red roasted carrot. I also read the seaweed post with interests. One of my favorite snacks is “onigiri (rice ball)” stuffed with “shio-konnbu” (salted kelp) wrapped in“nori.” Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

Yoko

dellgirl said...

These all look so delicious, I think I'd like all of them. The carrots are my favorite of the three since I absolutely LOVE carrots. Thanks for sharing this.

Jo said...

You had me at cheese scones, I don't know how anyone could resist those.

Evi Erlinda said...

Parsnip soup looks so yummy!

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Hummm tudo com muito bom aspecto e aproveito para desejar a continuação de uma boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

My name is Erika. said...

Oh all that food looks yummy. I've been on a soup kick lately, and I'm always looking for something new. Hugs-erika

Jeanie said...

I'm going to have to try those carrots. They look extra fabulous!

Nadezda said...

I've never eaten parsnip, should I try it in soup.

Debbie said...

wow!! super delicious suggestions...i think i would LOVE all of these!!!

Chris Lally said...

All so mouthwatering, Jan! Will have to try the carrots first:) Thanks for a great post!!

Bill said...

Those carrots look delicious, have to try those.

Phil Slade said...

Think I will give that a try when I get some garlic powder in place of the garlic we brought back from Greece. Sounds very tasty

Stephanie said...

Hello, my sweet friend! Long time no talk :) I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog from time to time as I always enjoy your kind comments. I truly hope to return to blogging soon, but my days always seem to be so busy. I miss you and the other lovely blogging friends.

I trust you are well, dear Jan. It was a delight to stop by and see your delicious recipes. Mmmm...everything looks so tasty!

Sending hugs your way!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW...never heard about cheese being good for you...but I like it anyway...lol! LOVE to see it on the list, and that scone recipe has to be a YUM!!!

Teresa said...

Muy buenas recetas. Un beso.

Bob Bushell said...

Beautiful roasted carrots, yummy.

Crafty Green Poet said...

soup and cheese scones together make a lovely winter lunch

It's me said...

Oww wowww i want them all!!!.....happy weekend love Ria 🍁🍄🌻🍂🌾🌽🧡

carol l mckenna said...

All three look and sound delish!

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Magic Love Crow said...

I will be honest, not sure if I would like the soup? But, I would try it! The cheese scones would be my top choice! Big Hugs!