Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 October 2019

Chicken ... in a pan with mushrooms and parmesan : Low Carb


Chicken has many plus points - its versatility, as well as the ease and speed with which it can be cooked - make it one of the most popular meats around. It has a high level of good quality protein, as well as B vitamins, iron, copper and selenium.

This blog has many chicken recipe suggestions, and below you can see another one! Well you can't have too many can you! It's rich, creamy, full of mushrooms and tastes great! Why not serve with a fresh side salad or steamed low carb vegetables like broccoli, spinach, or asparagus … yum!

Ingredients:
Serves Four
6g net carbs per serving
2 tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil
1½ lbs (650g) boneless chicken thighs
salt and pepper
8 oz.(225g) baby bella mushrooms, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1½ cups (350ml) heavy (double) whipping cream
2 oz. (50g) parmesan cheese, grated

1 tsp fresh parsley
Tips:
While chicken thighs are flavourful and satiating because of their higher fat content, feel free to make the dish with chicken breasts (preferably skin on) or chicken drumsticks, or a mix of both. You can also substitute pork chops or slices of pork tenderloin.
Recipe Instructions:
can be seen here

Did you know:
Baby bella mushrooms are another name for Italian Portobello mushrooms. Known officially by the Mushroom Council as portabella mushrooms, baby bellas are cremini mushrooms that have been allowed to mature for up to seven days longer than commercial creminis. Baby bellas are low-fat, cholesterol-free and a rich source of essential vitamins and minerals that can enhance your health and help prevent disease. These nutrients include selenium, niacin, copper and pantothenic acid. In season between December and March, baby bellas have an intense, meat-like flavour when cooked. Try them roasted, broiled, grilled or sautéed.
Read more here



Don't these flowers look colourful … on cooler, darker Autumn days flowers can make your home so welcoming … dear reader, a variety of recipe ideas/articles are found within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. 

All the best Jan

27 comments:

Beca said...

This looks like a delicious dish. ♥
xx Beca

CJ Kennedy said...

One pan cooking is the best. I also like how you can change this up from chicken to pork

Rain said...

I love those flowers! Beautiful colours. That meal looks so creamy and delicious!

NanaDiana said...

A perfect cool fall day dish!It sounds wonderful and I love the flowers. xo Diana

mxtodis123 said...

That looks delicious. I get so many yummy recipes here.

Tom said...

...yet another way to enjoy chicken.

pam nash said...

Well, I've added that to my recipe book. Think I'll make it this weekend. I love having flowers inside the house, however with the Demon Duo still in kitten stage, it's impossible. They think anything in a vase is a new play toy. Boohoo!!

Ygraine said...

WOW...chicken, mushrooms and parmesan...what a delicious combination!
Oh I can't wait to try this!!
Love the flowers too.:))

Have a fabulous weekend.

Hugs xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks great! I have a creamy, cheesy soup with leeks and minced beef for my meal today, also yummy! Valerie

Khaya Ronkainen said...

Bet that dish is delish. Thanks for sharing another wonderful recipe.
Love the flowers too, to brighten dark autumns days.

Jo said...

My family won't eat mushrooms but that's right up my street, nom nom.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Those flowers are really beautiful. I feel happier already with that color. When my daughter and granddaughters come for dinner I often make chicken dishes since they like that so much. But I've never made one with mushrooms and Parmesan cheese. I'm lucky enough to be able to buy organic chicken from a nearby farm which is within our nearby Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The park allows a few such farms to operate and they have to apply and be accepted. I also love mushrooms. Today I'm making a vegetable soup which will have a lot of mushrooms in it as well as leeks, celery and carrots as well as green onions and parsley. I love your informative and inspiring blog.

Catarina said...

It looks good!
I need a bouquet like yours. Beautiful!

Christine said...

lovely comforting fall dish, and the flowers are gorgeous!

Elephant's Child said...

Love your flowers (and am a big fan of mushrooms too).

sandy said...

Beautiful flowers and that looks like such a comfort food as we head deeper into fall...

Elderberry-Rob said...

this looks like one hubby might enjoy, thanks ... flowers are fabulous, hope they last a long time.

Miss Val's Creations said...

While I don't eat chicken, I do love the combo of mushrooms and parmesan! Always a perfect pairing! The flowers are so beautiful.

William Kendall said...

I would enjoy that.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I make a similar dish like this, Jan. Your autumnal flowers are so pretty. Happy Autumn days!

mamasmercantile said...

Sounds delicious and those flowers were beautiful.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, thank you big, now I know what to do with the (ordinary) mushrooms I still have and especially with the avocado oil!

Lee said...

I do like the looks of this! :)

Blue Grumpster said...

So Baby bella mushrooms are another name for Italian Portobello mushrooms... Jan, that I didn't know. But I do know I wouldn't mind sinking my teeth in some.

Blue

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful flowers. I've tried a recipe similar to this but without parmesan. I shall have to try it with it.

Martha said...

What a yummy dish!

Lorrie said...

Chicken and mushrooms sound perfect for a cool autumn day. I love the flowers - mine are all gone now, sodden with rain and a bit of frost earlier in the week, so I'll have to resort to purchasing some now. They do cheer up the house.