1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp instant coffee powder
1. Place butter, spices and instant coffee in a deep bowl to use with an immersion blender. Alternatively, you can put the ingredients directly into the jar of a blender.
2. Add boiling water and blend for 20–30 seconds until a fine foam has formed.
3. Pour into a cup and sprinkle some cinnamon or pumpkin spice on top. Serve immediately!
The instant coffee can be replaced with a shot of espresso; just add less of the hot water. The latte can also be made coffee and caffeine free. The butter and pumpkin spice gives it a wonderfully rich flavour, so whether you go with "high octane" coffee, or decaf – this could well become your go-to drink this Autumn.
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cloves
2. If you have whole spices on hand you can grind them using a spice or coffee grinder.
3. Remember that the spices should be kept in a dark, dry and cool place. You can use small tin containers for storage.
All the best Jan