Give a violet to someone to let them know you’ll always be there for them!
- This gem is a form of quartz; it can range from a pale lilac colour to a deep, rich purple.
- The name is based on a Greek myth that speaks of a nymph named Amethyst who was inadvertently turned into white stone; in remorse, the Greek god Bacchus poured wine over her to turn her a beautiful purple.
- The amethyst was thought to prevent intoxication and keep its wearer thinking sharply. It was worn by English royalty in the Middle Ages.
- February is the only month to have a length of fewer than 30 days! Though it’s usually 28 days, February is 29 days long in leap years such as 2020.
- January and February were the last two months to be added to the Roman calendar (c. 713 BC); originally, winter was considered a month-less period.
- Originally, February was made the last month of the calendar year. Eventually (c. 450 BC), February was moved to its place as the second month.
If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan