Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 May 2011

Almond Sponge Pudding

This makes a very passable sponge pudding.

Ingredients:
25g ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
3 teaspoons of Splenda
I large egg
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon double cream
A few drops of vanilla essence

Method:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Melt the butter I used a Pyrex jug, add the egg, cream and essence mix, then add the dry ingredients and mix. Microwave in a 700watt for1 minute 20 seconds.


 
Graham

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Tried this thought it was delish....
Mel

Anonymous said...

Well the family are all going to try this tomorrow after Sunday roast lunch. I let them have roast potatoes but I just stick to veg.

Sarah

PS Do you think a few strawberries might be nice with it?

Lowcarb team member said...

Sarah you will need to add more sweetener thats the only thing lacking. I'm still experimenting at the moment I added one Tbsp of cocoa tonight and enjoyed a very nice hot chocolate sponge pudding with a liberal amount of double cream.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Graham

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know we all enjoyed the sponge pudding. I did up the sweetener as you suggested. Thanks for sharing the recipe

Sarah

Unknown said...

I just made this, it's lovely.