Total Pageviews

Monday 30 May 2011

Strawberry Sponge Cake.

Ingredients:
100g ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons of double cream

Method:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Melt the butter I used a pyrex jug, add the eggs, cream, then add the dry ingredients and mix. I spooned  the mix into a pyrex dish 6" x 2" and microwaved in a 700 watt machine for 3 minutes. Allow to cool and cut in half. Spread on extra thick cream and some sliced strawberries. Serves four. Less than five carbs per portion.




Eddie


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious will add the recipe to my collection.

Thanks
ALC

Anonymous said...

We all thought this looked a great recipe and so easy to do. Wife and my 11yr old are out getting the ingredients as I type.

Doug

Anonymous said...

Another nice recipe to try, thank you
Mary P

Anonymous said...

Update from Doug

We all enjoyed the strawberry sponge cake last night. The kids had a few extra strawberries with theirs, we all agreed it was delicious. A great receipe that all the family can enjoy and is good for you.

Give it a try.

Lowcarb team member said...

Glad your family enjoyed Doug, and thank you to all for the kind words. We will be adding more great recipes soon, once the bear hunting season ends LOL

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Excellent recipe, tried it this eevening, will definitly be on my favourites list

Mel

Anonymous said...

Had the in laws staying and made this last night. Mother in law said it was delicious, for all those who have met her they will know this was praise indeed

Thanks

Sarah

Anonymous said...

The stawberry sponge cake has been a big hit this summer with family and friends but with the strawberry season coming to an end I decided to try this recippe with some blueberries - it worked a treat.
Give it a try and see what you think

Mel

Amanda said...

I have been reading about Tim Noakes and his views on carbs. I am overweight and know that breads make me put on weight. What I didnt know is how I could not eat carbs and have some yummy desserts. THANKS I am trying this today!!!