Total Pageviews

Friday 23 March 2012

Lowcarb Pecan cake.

OK, I know what your thinking ! "If this guy comes up with another lowcarb almond flour cake, I’m gonna punch his lights out” seriously, this is one great low carb cake.

Ingredients
100 grams of ground almonds
100 grams of Pecan nuts
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons of double cream

2 tablespoons of instant coffee
100 grams of clotted cream


Method
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Melt the butter I used a Pyrex jug, add the eggs, cream. Place 2 tablespoons of instant coffee in a cup and pour some boiling water over the coffee, keep water to a minimum, just enough to melt the coffee. Then add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix. Microwave in a 700watt for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and cut in half. Spread on clotted cream and add pecan nuts. Serves four, low carb and tastes great.


Eddie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Eddie I love this blog. Great recipes and interesting items. Keep up the good work and keep entertaining us.

Anonymous said...

Never get fed up with the low carb cakes, but I think you could get between 4 to 6 pieces out of the recipe, depends how hungry/greedy you are feeling.

Sarah

Lowcarb team member said...

I agree this would serve six. I don't count calories but the count on these cakes is very high.

Thanks for your comments.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

With me it's not hunger or greed I just need the calories Sarah, so I cut it into four pieces and pour double cream over it!

Graham
Skinny T2