Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 March 2012

The Real Cause of Carb Addiction!

My Name is Diane Kress and I’m a Carbohydrate Addict

Anyone with metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, or type 2 diabetes, can insert their name in the blank, too!

I have been a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator specializing in weight loss, metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes for over 30 years. I should mention that I, too, have type 2 diabetes for 15 years now.

For over a quarter of a century I have worked across the desk from thousands of patients and clients. I’ve always believed in carb attraction/addiction. And I now have proof that it is a very real physical and physiological condition. But more on that in a moment!

I talk to patients every single day about their typical food intake and preferences. When my patient have what I call Metabolism B, I can count on at least one of the following statements:

“I love good bread….I mean I REALLY love good bread” “Once I open the bag of chips, it’s as good as gone.” “I NEED chocolate.” “Don’t you just love salt and sugar combined like chocolate covered pretzels?” “I can’t keep ice cream in the house.” “He/she purposely brings donuts into the house and I can hear them calling my name.” And the list goes on and on. There are people who LOVE carbohydrates, feel compelled to eat them, and can’t stop eating them once they start.

More here:
http://www.diabetesdaily.com/edelman/2012/02/the-real-source-of-carb-addiction/
Graham

No comments: