Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 March 2012

More good lowcarb news at diabetes.co.uk

“I am a Type 1 but now I live quite happily on 30g of carb per day. It does mean lots of salads but I enjoy them and it just becomes part of life. I am not advocating the same for you - that is your decision. However, taking the route suggested by Diabetes UK and taking major quantities of carbs with every meal will definitely mean that you will need to take insulin. My Hba1C has come down from 8.0 to 5.1 - low carbing does work, if you can live with it”


“I was diagnosed last Friday, and my fasting bloods were 10.1 Two hours after glucose 24. something. I started low carb, high fat on Monday. I am keeping to below 50 grams of carbs per day.

Today my readings are as follows.

As soon as I got up 5.9
Before evening meal 5.8
Two hours later 5.0

Carbs for that meal were 12.

Can this be right? Can I have reversed my blood glucose so quickly? Is this a miracle? I was determined to not let this beat me. Could I have done this as long as I stay on this path? I will test more once I have more strips. I have ran out other than one for first thing in the morning. I am waiting for my prescription to be filled, and for the extras I bought on Ebay to arrive”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well done and congratulations whoever you are. This just shows what a person can achieve by making for him (or her) the correct decision. There are a lot of diabetics (and non diabetics) who have discovered the low carb way. For us diabetics we need to use our meter, check our numbers especially in the early days.

Please, please stick with this 'diet' and if you are unsure of anything do ask, there are good people out there who are only too willing to help.

Glenys

Lowcarb team member said...

"Can this be right? Can I have reversed my blood glucose so quickly? Is this a miracle?"

No miracle, par for the course for most diabetics. But, and a very big but, you must stay with a low carb diet. No short cuts I'm afraid.

Live long and healthy my friends.

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to echo both Glenys and Eddies comments.

Very well done and keep up with the low carb way, it does work.

Anne