Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 November 2014

How to make low carb gluten free pasta out of Zucchini/Courgettes


Zucchini is a quick and easy gluten-free, grain-free pasta alternative — you don’t even have to cook the zoodles. But if you want it a little softer, you can blanch it in boiling water for a couple of minutes. Or just add it to the pan with whatever sauce you are making for the last few minutes of cooking. Zucchini pasta works well with just about any sauce and also makes a great cold salad.

Photograph and text above taken from a fantastic website, to learn how to make this pasta substitute and to find more great food ideas, check out the 'cook eat paleo' site which can be found here.

Eddie

3 comments:

Galina L. said...

That blog-post contains very interesting gadget to make a zucchini pasta and a recipe of a tomato pasta souse with a cream cheese. I bought from Russia a device to cut vegetables into long stripes, and I plan to try that souse.

http://lowcarbconfidential.com/2014/10/28/zucchini-pasta-in-creamy-italian-sauce-and-gizmo-review/

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for the link and comment Galina, I might just have to invest in one of those contraptions.

Eddie

Galina L. said...

I've never saw such gadget. I would buy it in a heart beat, even though I enjoy a variety of slicers. I plan to try the tomato/cream cheese souse on a spaghetti squash soon.

I try to support the people who do not believe in a moderation being the best thing!