Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 November 2014

SALTED CHOCOLATE ALMOND HAYSTACKS


These are absolutely the easiest chocolate to make. All it takes is 3 ingredients and 20 minutes. And I love the combination of sweet, salty, chocolaty, and crunchy. They remind me of chocolate covered pretzels. Salted chocolate almond haystacks are a perfect gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free treat for the holidays.

I don’t take the time to make chocolates often. But I came up with this quick and easy method when I had sliced almonds left over from my cinnamon raisin paleo granola. Toasting the almonds brings out the flavor. And the heat from the toasted almonds melts the chocolate chips. Just stir, drop onto a tray, and sprinkle with salt.

The most important thing to remember about this recipe is to watch the almond slices while they’re toasting. I mean it — don’t leave the kitchen. The slices are so thin they will go from nicely toasted to burnt in about two seconds. I found this out the hard way. If the almonds start to smell like burnt popcorn, you’ve left them in the oven too long.


Check out this and other great low carb food ideas here.

Eddie

No comments: